Fraud Claim Denied - HELP! (US) Someone acted as seller user my account.

rarich21
New Community Member

My husband noticed a ton of transactions in which people were sending the exact same amount of money to his paypal account.  By the time he noticed, the money had been quickly transferred  to some kind of paypal card, which he doesn't have and has never requested. He always transfers to our bank account. One of the people who sent money contacted him asking when their bike would be delivered. So clearly this person was pretending to sell something, used my husband's account to collect the funds with no intention of delivering the goods and then transferred them to a card they requested. My husband isn't all that familiar with paypal so he submitted a claim on one transaction and it was denied as "consistent with account activity". I explained to him that he needed to mark them all as fraudulent, which he did and also spoke to someone on the phone. Less than 24 hours later, they also denied those claims as "consistent with account activity". Any advice on what to do next and what to provide to prove he didn't request those payments or the card? It's over $2,000 in transactions. He has changed his password, but we don't have an extra $2,000 to cover the charges. He explained to the few that reached out that he had filed a fraudulent claim, but I'm sure they will file their own paypal claims to get their money back.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.