Fraud Alert! Shenzhen Ozhuo Technology Co. Ltd.

CI-Boulder
Contributor
Contributor

Buyers beware. This company, Shenzhen Ozhuo Technology Co. Ltd., has many websites that look like they are legitimate but are, in fact, fraudulent. I was suckered in by one website, www.brass-pro.com, and purchased 2 puzzles. I contacted the company 3 times through their email listed (it is a fake too). I then contacted PayPal, who did absolutely NOTHING to help stop this fraud. I finally contacted my credit card vendor and disputed the purchase. I got all my money back. 

If you have been a victim of their fraud, contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. Forget about getting any help from PayPal. Also, check out any website you may purchase items from very carefully. Check their email address, physical address, typos in their descriptions, look for any references (and check them out). Unfortunately there are many fraudulent websites (not just from China) so be careful.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DocZM
Contributor
Contributor

Since PAYPAL is also defrauding customers with FALSE promises and fake buyer protections to lure people into using them I have been gathering names for a class-action lawsuit against PAYPAL. Keep your eyes open. I was defrauded by this same "company" and have seen 100's of people get stone walled by PAYPAL when trying to get their money back.

Login to Me Too

CI-Boulder
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!
Login to Me Too

jessvw
New Community Member
Same mine was Hubei Jinkain Technology Co., Ltd. Again, fake and PayPal did nothing to help stop this
Login to Me Too

PLAIN-N-SIMPLE
Contributor
Contributor

Seems they keep changing their name! My receipt shows paid Shenzhen Haositong Technology Co. Ltd. It was from Facebook flash sale! I paid 69.99 for 🎁2021 Unclaimed Amazon Walmart Target wholesale Items -Flash sale today!!!🔥 / Super Mystery Box. I had no tracking number until I emailed them... then I finally received an envelope (not a box) with a weight of 0.5906 lbs!  It was 2 cheap items that were unbranded, no upc and worth 5.00 total! I paid via their PP button with my Card. I have the PP email of this fraudster and would love to know why PP doesn't catch these people??? I am calling my card company, PP is no use!! Despicable!!!!!!!!!! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PLAIN-N-SIMPLE 

@CI-Boulder 

@jessvw 

@DocZM 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DocZM
Contributor
Contributor

MY solution is to NEVER buy anything from a Facebook Ad, anymore pretty much most of them are bunk. 

Using PayPal as an pay option give these garbage scammers credibility. They (the scammers) have devised systems that easily outsmart what little buyers protections Paypal provides. Like you said fake tracking, sending a old shoe when you have ordered an IPHONE, endless hang-ups in customs, sometimes months. Many CHINA WEBSITES = SCAM, just avoid them.   

Login to Me Too

cassielou1
Contributor
Contributor

I received two small black wire containers that was suppose to be an over the sink drainer I paid 65.00 per  items boy was I shocked and no way to send it back and get a refund

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.