Franchise Store

Temp20200816
New Community Member

Made a card payment via PayPal to the Franchise Store and the website I used does not offer any real contact details. Any ideas what's best to do?

Login to Me Too
89 REPLIES 89

Staciemouse
Contributor
Contributor
Ask PayPal to reopen the case. Call them. That’s what I had to do
Login to Me Too

Temp20201125f
This time the website was PCgamespace.com It purported to sell the new Playstation 5 game console at a discount for $239.95 After placing the order I received no order confirmation email from the seller, I filed a dispute via PayPal however pay pal says it won't be until December 12th till it is resolved, So I'm just going to file with my bank, capital one, To charge back the purchase to get my money back. I don't have time to wait for the PayPal resolution timeframe. I would recommend all who used a debit/credit card To dispute with your bank.
Login to Me Too

Visken
Contributor
Contributor
I did use a debit card and I have till dec. 11 for mine. I'm realy thinking about filling a lawsuit against them but going to wait to get my package the usps says its originating from the original post whatever that means lol
Login to Me Too

mdshon
Contributor
Contributor

For those who think there is no hope - I was scammed by the Franchise Store also.  I bought a Google Nest Thermostat and after six weeks received a cheaply made Iphone plastic cover.  When I disputed this with PayPal, the seller offered a refund if I would return the package to China with a tracking number!  That would have cost at least $40 with no real assurance of a refund.

I called PayPal customer service, walked the representative through the issue.  I explained that the proposed solution was not reasonable and offered to allow the Franchise Store to deduct their declared value ($10.00) and refund the remainder without receiving the return.  To my surprise, the final resolution was a total refund!

After a few days of thinking bad thoughts, my faith in PayPal is restored!

Lesson learned (realearned?) - if the deal appears to be too good to be real, it probably is a fraud!

Login to Me Too

Jmiex
Contributor
Contributor
So your bank will give u a refund
Login to Me Too

Mechellen1
So you never recied the ps5
Login to Me Too

Staciemouse
Contributor
Contributor
No. They send a rubbery clear I phone case! I got one
Login to Me Too

Timialbright
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has NEVER helped with my dispute. It’s allways take the **bleep**, sorry. They are terrible, I don’t use their credit anymore. I have my bank card in there. If I need to dispute I have to go through my bank. I am only using PayPal to keep my cc private from seller.
Login to Me Too

I have tried to purchase a vacuum from the franchise store. I also have been a victim of them. The email they give is unresponsive. They need to be stopped. They got me for $170 bucks. This sucks.
Login to Me Too

FranchiseSTsue1
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to hear that. I am out over 300 dollars. Capitol one close my case due to a filing issue and PayPal told me to go talk to Capitol one.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.