Fradulent seller

Madridreamaker
Contributor
Contributor

I saw something I really like and proceed with clicking purchase and made payment.  The seller is using Paypal but I didn't use my Paypal account to make payment.  The payment is made to Kvimis. Limited and the transaction number is 18W94829JX499113B.  After making payment, all the email were auto email notifying payment received, item is shipped, etc.  But when I try to click on the my order details, my account, even their homepage, everything is empty!

Would like to know whether I can still get my money back since I did not make payment through my Paypal account?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Madridreamaker 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SWRUBLE

I FILED A DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL AND THEY DENIED IT! I NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY BUT BECAUSE THEY SHOW IT DELIVERED, PAYPAL BELIEVED THEM.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SWRUBLE 

APPEAL???

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MKMaeder
Contributor
Contributor

I also filed a claim and they denied it. I had not seen this thread before ordering. I feel like pay pal is enabling this company.

Login to Me Too

Maskmaker
New Community Member

Kvimis. Limited is a scam seller.

I was concerned about purchasing something from a site I did not know. I was comforted by Paypal's fraud protection. Kvimis.Limited company sent falsified tracking info. I did file a claim but the company just kept saying it was delivered. My case was eventually closed. I tried to escalate it.

I am not the only person with this experience with this company. Paypal should not allow people to purchase here. 

Login to Me Too

Sophie010
Yes I was also scammed by this seller. The seller sent a watch instead of a table that converts to a shelf. On searching Facebook I've discovered this company did exactly the same to another person. PayPal are agreeing withe the sellers request to have the watch returned before I get a refund. Paypal has the ability to refund costs for returning items. So hoping eventually I will be refunded for the item I never received plus the return shipping costs. This company needs to be shut down!
Login to Me Too

Yovi809
Contributor
Contributor
I havé brought a item that cost me 29.96$ and kvimis.limited send me a watch that cost 2$, now they want that I send it back but the shipping cost 40$ and they don’t want to pay for it, that company is à scammer and PayPal should be there for take care of our money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yovi809 

Best advice is don't buy tat from China because....

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Yovi809
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the advice, I think I will never buy from China.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.