Found out why my account was permanently limited

bobcat16
Contributor
Contributor

My account was permanently limited in August. No explanation other than "Violation of User Agreement." A few phone calls later I finally was able to reach a human being who then told me my account was limited under "gambling, other." The situation: I had painted a helmet, shipped it off to a company that was hosting a raffle and was then reimbursed for the shipping fee via PayPal. The wording on the transaction said "raffle," so someone at PayPal decided I was gambling and permanently limited my account with no context. I was unable to explain what *AcTuAlLy* happened, the service rep said it had been "set in stone." I was told there is no way for me to dispute this action against me. This whole situation has been extremely frustrating due to the misunderstanding and lack of options. Neat, PayPal, neat.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Dream2020
Contributor
Contributor

I have not found out the reason PayPal is holding my $54,000 hostage.  I have not been able to pay my mortgage, Medicare insuance, car payments, $15,000 for products that I sell on my website to my manufacturer.  My attorney is still trying to find out the reason and they won't reveal the answer. Their user agreement is seriously flawed and this unfair policy needs to be stopped.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dream2020 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

The above is from a Paypal customer services agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bobcat16 

Sadly you violated the acceptable use policy by sending a raffle prize.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.