Formal complaint against PayPal

Ktnhe19
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone ever made a formal complaint against PayPal? I was scammed out of £500 and PayPal issued the scammer the money from my account without investigating properly or taking any of my evidence into account - proof from Royal Mail and eBay. PayPal staff have lied to me on separate occasions about proof from this scammer that didn’t exist. PayPal have now told me I have to claim through a small claims court but I feel PayPal should be dealing with this, looking at actual evidence and granting this in my favour. Has anyone made a successful complaint against PayPal? I submitted it but haven’t received a confirmation email either. Is this normal?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Ktnhe19, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

Our claims process is an arbitration service we offer to help resolve disagreements between buyers and sellers, but as you can imagine, it's extremely difficult for us to reach a decision that satisfies all parties. We deal with all cases objectively and with the intention of making a fair decision based on verifiable information which is available at the time. We understand you are unhappy with the decision made on this case but I can assure you that all the information provided would have been reviewed. 

The average response time-frame for a response from the Complaints team is 28 days. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.