Flawed Dispute Process & Poor Customer Service

macsessed
Contributor
Contributor

So, recently I had the misfortune of being sold an item that wasn't as described - a video game was sold to me as being an original from the early 90s, but what I received was a 2018 reissue. 

Knowing that I could dispute the item with PayPal made me feel a little less concerned, and so I opened a dispute.

Initially, I requested a partial refund on the basis I could keep the item - I figured that would be less hassle since I wouldn't need to pack the item up again and post it back.

The seller refused a partial refund and insisted I send the item back for a full refund - which although wasn't my preferred option, I agreed to. I packed the item up, sent it with tracking and insurance, and entered the tracking numbers as requested by PayPal during the dispute process.

Everything seemed to be going well, but then PayPal only refunded me the partial amount. So, now the item is back in the possession of the seller and I'm out of pocket. I've raised the issue with PayPal and all I'm getting back are default, cookie cutter responses.

Has anybody else had an experience like this, and is there anything else I can do? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.