Fitbitstore

Lara-M
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone used this seller? Were you able to contact them?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

Nac4040
New Community Member
Sadly fell for this too.. realized it was a scam when I got the confirmation email and saw the name. Tried to open a claim with PayPal. But the supplier provided a tracking number that states it was delivered, despite me NEVER receiving anything. So they denied it.
Login to Me Too

PThrow
Contributor
Contributor

Add another to victims of this scammer. Pretty much same story, realized 1 minute too late this was a scam and opened a claim immediately with Paypal. Denied twice already, and now on 3rd try am waiting for the seller to respond to Paypal for a "Request for proof of postage" that will supposedly make the seller prove the shipping address. Dealing with Paypal's dispute system is an exercise in frustration, they just keep dumping me on the next agent, who then says they need a minute to review the chat, then say claim was closed because seller provided a valid (valid?! how could they know it's valid - they won't check it!) tracking number.  Really discouraged that this is the best Paypal can do for their customers. I don't understand whay they believe everything the seller says with no verification and yet I'm expected to provide documentation. Been following these comments, and lots of good advice. I have filed claims with Paypal and UPS (of course I'm stuck in the /UPS must provide proof to Paypal by letter/UPS won't provide said letter/Paypal won't do anything without documentation from UPS/Paypal won't call UPS/ vortex). Also filed a complaint with the NC Attorney General's Office, Internet Crimes Commission and Better Business Bureau. Also contacted the company in Ohio, J. T. Eaton, whos tracking number was used. If anyone else has any other ideas, I would be thankful. This has become another pert-time job! I think the argument could be made at this point that after Paypal has been told so many times of this scam and chosen to do nothing, they are facilitating it.

Login to Me Too

J070177
Contributor
Contributor
Pay pal just emailed me today that my case was denied. The seller provided them with tracking through ups. Gave me a tracking number that says my package was delivered on 5/20. But the tracking number is date for today's date. I had surgery on 5/8 I was home on 5/20 & nothing was delivered to my house.
Login to Me Too

J070177
Contributor
Contributor
I have to agree with you. I'm starting to believe they're ar earth of this and im not getting my $135 back. I'm exhausted reading about all you have gone through.
Login to Me Too

PThrow
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I'm holding my breath, but I did get an email this morning from Paypal that they are closing the case in my favor and are issuing a refund on my $135. A great way to start my day! Hang in there guys and keep trying!

Login to Me Too

ttfarm

I also was scammed by fitbitstore but they have since changed their name to fitbitretailer or they now have 2 scams going on, maybe more.  The website looked legit and didn't think anything of it till I get the charge through Paypal when I didn't go through Paypal, just my credit card.  They do this so the credit card doesn't get suspicious to the charge.  I get a charge from Chongcaplin and I did try numerous times to contact through email with no answer, cant' even set up an account.  I ended up canceling my credit card, transferred my money out of Paypal and cancelled my bank account out of Paypal since this website is very much a SCAM!!!!!!!!!   I will never get the fitbit nor my money back.  😞 

Login to Me Too

hiswife81713
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, so this just happened to me. They actually sent fraudulent tracking as well when I disputed the claim. I was told by PayPal to call UPS myself. UPS can verify that the address and name on said package is in fact not yours. I called PayPal back and told them that I expected someone there to do some due diligence in reaching out to UPS. My refund was issued the same day. (Yesterday).
Login to Me Too

Glenn-K
Contributor
Contributor
I fell for it too. No response from the gmail account in the PayPal invoice. No order confirmation after the purchase, just like everyone else. I’ve opened a dispute with PayPal but based on what I’m reading here that may be a long road.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.