Fitbitstore

Lara-M
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone used this seller? Were you able to contact them?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

123abc5
Contributor
Contributor

You're welcome, but UPS will deny your claim when you submit online. Why? They will see it was delivered to a front door, this is why you need to call and speak to a live person at UPS. This was much faster than waiting for the online UPS reply, because I did that and it was a time suck, which only resulted in an auto-response that it was in fact delivered. And this will take more time.

When I spoke to a UPS person it was much faster and way more effective. A live person can actually check on the details of the shipment and confirm it wasn't your name nor your address on the tracking info.

I was able to receive verbal confirmation of the person and address the package was delivered to (it was never addressed to me or my address), which is why it's best to request PP via Twitter to confirm with UPS (as you will have) because just having a tracking number doesn't confirm who the package was actually addressed (or the address associated with the tracking code). It's blatantly obvious at this point...which I mentioned to PP on Twitter. I also pointed PP to this thread and highlighted the Fitbit tweet mentioning that Fitbit publicly said fitbitstore.us is not an authorized seller of Fitbit products. 

Login to Me Too

WiseOldHowell
Contributor
Contributor

If you haven't already, I'd HIGHLY recommend filing a complaint with IC3 (Internet Crimes Complaint Center). With the information provided (all the details), they will create a case and might (hopefully) have the FBI contact the business whose UPS account has been compromised.

I've also filed a complaint with the FTC.

Lastly, with this very helpful information you all have been providing, I've been appending my dispute with PP and attaching screenshots of these additional pieces of information to better solidify my case.

Login to Me Too

123abc5
Contributor
Contributor

That's a really good idea actually, I'll look into it! I'm sure they've done this before or continued to do so with another look alike brand website too.

Login to Me Too

Bezzer
Contributor
Contributor

My case was denied today because the scammer submitted a UPS tracking code. I called UPS and provided the tracking number to the rep. Although she couldn't provide me with the name and address of the person the package was delivered to, she confirmed that the information did NOT match mine. That's all I needed to hear. I got a hold of a PP rep and was transferred to the Disputes Department. I waited seven hours for a rep from the department.  After wasting countless hours with PP weeks ago and another several today, I went ahead and filed a dispute with AMEX. I'm done wasting my time.

Login to Me Too

123abc5
Contributor
Contributor

The UPS person I spoke to provided me the confirmation and sent me the details...I also received it from filing a lost package claim at ups.com but it did take a couple weeks to receive the receipt confirmation from UPS. However, if you request PP to contact a live person at UPS, they will be able to provide the information directly to PP. 

Login to Me Too

Poolgirl67
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too. I opened a PayPal unauthorized dispute. Initially PayPal denied it and I disputed it. Then PayPal sent me an email changing my dispute to “package not delivered” per our chat conversation where I told them I had not received the package. So now I have two cases opened for the same transaction on one missing Fitbit Versa 2. Strange part about this is they went back to the first unauthorized case and reversed their decision sending an email that the purchase was unauthorized and I would be getting a refund. However, no refund and the second case of package undelivered is still open with PayPal finding the bogus UPS delivered to my door. I have chatted with PayPal numerous times and even with the fraud devision where they tell me to basically wait and see. I was also told this is not how PayPal determines fraud. Both disputes are not resolved and I find it frustrating that PayPal finally sided with me but did not refund my money and tell me to wait for the second case (Where they tell me it was delivered to my address) to be resolved. They know it’s a fraud. It’s a waste of my time and resources where PayPal will end up losing my business over 135.00 and I have been an honest customer since they began. It’s a lesson learned for me but PayPal continues side in favor of a fraudulent storefront that has now closed but I’m sure has opened up a new site with Pay Pal on board. 

Login to Me Too

WiseOldHowell
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the seller came through with a bogus tracking number to some other address in my city.

And thus, PP has denied my claim.... automatically. No interaction of flagging that there is an open case and I warned them that the seller would send them an invalid tracking number.

So, I've taken this to Twitter...DM PP support. I'm now taking this to Twitter public... I'm attempting to re-open the dispute. There isn't a way (that I found) to re-open a dispute, so I've gone to the message center and interacted with the AI BOT until I go the virtual agent to receive a message that is supposed to go to a real person. Wish me luck. This so stinks. I'm so fed up with PP and will do all I can to NEVER use them again. I've been with them since the beginning and have used them for transactions for years and NEVER thought I'd have such a hard time trying to resolve an issue.

Login to Me Too

Motheroftwinboy
Contributor
Contributor
This is what I did and I just got my money back into my account. I went on the ups app and put in a claim for the tracking number. I also called ups and spoke to someone who was able to give me the address of the fake tracking number. I opened 1 claim they pp and they closed it. I opened another 1 and I also went in to some survey about my case and scored them low and put my whole story in the comments. I opened up a chat with pp and told my story again. They wanted something with ups letterhead to confirm what I was saying so I took a screenshot of the info in the ups app. I also never closed out the chat and also directed pp to this thread. I got an email saying they were closing my claim in favor of the seller again however the agent I was chatting with overturned it. I also reported them to BBB. Don't know if that did anything.
Login to Me Too

WiseOldHowell
Contributor
Contributor

Update 06-03-2020

If you are opening a NEW dispute...

1) File a dispute for "Item never received"

2) When the seller provides the tracking number, call UPS and get the 'official' proof of shipping.

3) Attach the UPS proof of shipping to the dispute...

If your dispute was closed automatically because the shipper provided a tracking number...

1) When the seller provides the tracking number, call UPS and get the 'official' proof of shipping.
2) Go to PP Messenger and enter "help".. then enter "dispute" then select the transaction to dispute.
3) Attach the UPS proof of shipping.

* hopefully the agent will re-open your dispute.

That's where I am in the process... Have to wait until June 14th now to see if they reverse the transaction and provide a refund.

Login to Me Too

VSMrshll

This happened to me, as well, and my claim was denied by PP.  I have contacted my credit card and filed a dispute.  It's upsetting to me that so many people are getting scammed and Paypal has not protected us from this fake merchant.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.