Fitbitstore

Lara-M
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone used this seller? Were you able to contact them?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

123abc5
Contributor
Contributor

Yup.  I wonder if that account used the same email and PayPal account for all the scams? I'll dispute with my bank but I also had some funds already inside my PayPal account which it only disputed with PP. Terrible especially since I've been using PP for the majority of all my purchases over last few months. I would also file a claim with UPS because I think the scammer is using an actual business UPS account to produce the tracking but never actually mailing anything. 

Login to Me Too

Lara-M
Contributor
Contributor
My credit card company is giving me a credit for this PaPal transaction. I will post an update once I see This credit on my statement. I fid not get anywhere with PayPal. Not worth the convenience.
Login to Me Too

123abc5
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to an actual person at UPS after the investigation found it was delivered except it was a different name and different address yet the tracking number provided by the scammer was the one tied to someone else delivery. I also confirmed the UPS tracking account belongs to an actual business. So whoever the scammer is is using a commercial account under an actual store. UPS confirmed it wasn't delivered to me, so this tells me that PayPal never confirmed who the package was actually addressed to. This scammer put my name in the attention to but someone else's address and name in the same city as me. Which I am guessing they did all of you too. 

Login to Me Too

Motheroftwinboy
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same exact experience. The website was Fitbit edition.com and the seller was also Thao <removed>! That is unbelievable! I have opened 3 claims with PayPal and they have ruled in favor of the seller all three times. I am going to report PayPal bc they seem not not really care. The phone lines are not open to even talk to anyone! I will never use PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

Motheroftwinboy
Contributor
Contributor
I wonder if we can all file something against PayPal. I read that BBB already knows about this scam and that PayPal is doing nothing to protect the buyer.
Login to Me Too

kben1
Contributor
Contributor
This is the exact same thing that happened to me. I think I will call the phone number. I am going to file the claim with UPS too as package never delivered. I also plan to pursue this with the fbi cyber crime divisions if PayPal doesn’t respond. This guy is scamming multiple people and PayPal must be profiting off it somehow.
Login to Me Too

J070177
Contributor
Contributor
hi I was wi during if you got a confirmation for your purchase? I recently purchased a fitbit versa 2 5/17 through PayPal but never got a confirmation from the seller. I emailed the seller twice with no response. I submitted a dispute to PayPal because the money immediately came out of my checking account but I still haven't heard from the seller. The selle was listed as Thao Nguyen which is some singer. The only contact information listed is an email address. Thanks Jaime Bates
Login to Me Too

EKDiggs
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute with PP and it was denied.  Seller had fake evidence of delivery.  I am livid, PayPal is enabling us to take money from a known scammer. 

Login to Me Too

123abc5
Contributor
Contributor

I'm back and I have GREAT news! I was finally able to successfully dispute with PP! Here's how I did it, I reached out to PayPal on Twitter in a public tweet, then I replied DM and explained what happened. HOwever, the most important thing you need to do is call UPS and explain to them what happened. You ordered from a fake look alike store that has now been taken down, and PP sided with the seller because he provided a UPS tracking code. And the tracking code info said it was delivered to your front door.  I discovered it was delivered to a front door but not mine nor was it actually addressed to me or my address!!!

Tell UPS you have the tracking number, and request they look it up, ask for their confirmation of the address it was shipped to and the name of the person it was shipped to. 

Why? The scammer is actually providing a tracking code from an order shipped to an actual person who lives near you, but your name is not on shipping information nor is your actual address. The scammer is providing PP a tracking code but PP is not calling UPS to confirm the name or address the package was supposedly delivered to!

The scammer is using a real business in NH and a real commercial account to get the tracking code and place it inside your PP receipt, so when PP looks its like oh there's a tracking code, but PP needs to call UPS to confirm the name and address the shipper actually sent it too. 

And so you know the shipper's name doesn't match the PayPal name, email address or store front URL!!!!!!

PP finally sided with me and refunded me what I paid to the scammer. It's a pain in the **bleep** but it's worth it! 

I've reached out to the company via email to inform them someone is using their business to run an online scam but I haven't heard back yet. This business has been around since the late 70s, so I doubt its the business owners running the scam, instead someone who works there is...

Login to Me Too

Motheroftwinboy
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the info. I have already put in a claim through UPS so I am just waiting for them to get back to me. I also filed a complaint with the BBB even though I know that won't get me my money back. This is such a hassle and to not be able to talk to a live person makes it worse!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.