Fitbitstore

Lara-M
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone used this seller? Were you able to contact them?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

Glenn-K
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me.  Paypal denied my claim as the scammer provided a sham UPS delivery verification.  UPS can't find the package nor can they verify they ever had it in their possession.  Paypal makes it very hard to challenge their ruling and continues to allow this weasel to use their site to steal people's money.

Login to Me Too

hiswife81713
Contributor
Contributor
Glenn, contact PayPal and tell them to call UPS and they can verify the label never said your name. I was refunded my $135 the same day.
Login to Me Too

Lara-M
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal finally agreed to review this with the merchant. This was part of the message in my PayPal Inbox: “ ... I have reopened and updated the case for you and we are giving your seller 20 days or until June 2nd to respond on the case but if they weren't able to do that on that given timeframe we will give your money back...” I have to wait for 3 weeks, but at least I stopped getting “transaction was authorized” response! I will post further updates. No more PayPal for me. Disputing transactions with my credit cards is much simpler.
Login to Me Too

WiseOldHowell
Contributor
Contributor

I've received a similar message from PP re: the seller. I'm hopeful I'll receive a refund as well. Should have used a CC. Would have been so much less painful.

Login to Me Too

Bezzer
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't filed a dispute with PP yet. The transaction took place May 8th. Should I file now or wait another day or so? Since my credit card was used to complete the PP transaction, would it be wiser to simply dispute the charge with them, or should I go through PP first? The PP rep did say they were placing a hold on my payment until I receive the item. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too

WiseOldHowell
Contributor
Contributor

PP seems to be 'acting' now on this fraud site. I've been in contact with PP and they have solicited feedback from the seller. The only problem, I have to wait until May 31st for the seller to reply. 

Login to Me Too

123abc5
Contributor
Contributor

I also made a purchase at fitbitstore.us on May 3rd and after submitting payment, I noticed it went to an individual name Thao <removed>. I went to fitbit.com and noticed it was not the same store, and there was no sale on a Fitbit ace 2. I contacted Fitbit who confirmed that look alike store was indeed NOT an authorized Fitbit store or reseller. I opened a dispute with Paypal. And long story short, PayPal sided with the seller, because the seller provided a UPS tracking code to them, and once checked, it said the package was delivered to my front door. 

Here's the thing. The package was never delivered to my front door on May 8th as the seller and the UPS tracking claimed. I actually have a membership to UPS and it shows me and alerts me whenever I have a package on the way, and a package delivered. I have no alert nor delivery confirmation of that UPS tracking code. 

And now I can't dispute the case because PayPal went ahead and closed my dispute and I cannot respond to it. I am disappointed with PayPal. After all these years as a customer, and all the transactions, I have used PayPal and yet they trust a shady PayPal user whose name, store front and email address ALL do not match!

I have opened a claim with UPS for this bogus "delivery" and saw the package was sent from NH. After reversing the phone number, it shows it belongs to an actual business, however I wonder if the scammer used an actual business as a disguise.

And none of the names at that address match the fitbitstore.us nor the PayPal member registered as Thao Nguyen or his PayPal associated email address. And the fitbitstore.us link is no longer working. BIG SURPRISE yet PayPal still denied my claim.

I'm scammed out of $59.00 and I plan to stop using PayPal. What a horrible business model with no buyer protection at all. Not only did I get scammed but so did PayPal. What kind of company doesn't do its own research to validate claims made by their buyers???

What I cannot understand is why PayPal continues to stand behind a seller whose store front doesn't match the sellers name, email address and now has received multiple complaints and disputes regarding this store front. 

If you haven't checked your "invoice" within PayPal for your purchase, go ahead and see that the scammer provided an actual UPS tracking code, which I cross checked on UPS which said it was delivered to my front door. Yet when I checked my UPS account it doesn't show it was ever delivered. I filed a claim against it at ups.com. (And that's actually how I received a phone that's tied to the seller, or at least that's what he put. Who knows it could be a random number he provided to get away with this scam.)

Login to Me Too

WiseOldHowell
Contributor
Contributor

@ABC, so sorry to hear. That is really disappointing. I appreciate you sending the information.

Login to Me Too

123abc5
Contributor
Contributor

You're welcome. I'll come back here after UPS researches the bogus sent and delivered package. I suspect a label was printed to generate the tracking but the package was never sent because there was no product. Pyramid scam. 

Login to Me Too

Bezzer
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! I can't believe PP sided with the seller simply because the scammer was able to produce a fraudulent tracking number.  With the number of claims being made against this seller and website, it's clear-cut case. My case against Khanh <removed>, filed on May 13th, is still open. If PP sides with the scammer, I'm going to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.