Fitbitstore

Lara-M
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone used this seller? Were you able to contact them?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

WiseOldHowell
Contributor
Contributor

FitBitStore(dot)us is a fraud site. I contacted FitBit and they said this site is NOT a fitbit site.

I'm attempting to reverse the transaction via Paypal for the Versa 2 ($112). The site looked legit, the 'sale' seemed reasonable for mother's day. It wasn't until I received an email confirmation via a Gmail account from Paypal did i realize the site is a fraud. Even the SSL Cert on the site looked right... but it's only valid through July 2020, but who checks the CERT expire date?

Don't expect to hear from the seller. 

PayPal, How do you report a Fraud site? I initially reported it as an "unauthorized transaction" because that's what it is... vs. a "never received the item" report. 

Login to Me Too

Lara-M
Contributor
Contributor
Exact same situation here! Paypal denied “unauthorized” transaction claim! I will wait a couple of weeks, then try to claim for “undelivered order”.
Login to Me Too

WiseOldHowell
Contributor
Contributor

Good idea! I'm also having my bank reverse the charge from PayPal.

I've also filed a complaint with IC3.gov and FTC.gov, along with posting to Twitter tagging FitBit, FitBitSupport, PayPal, PayPalSupport and LetsEncrypt. It's a shame we live in a world where this much effort is required to resolve a dispute. 

I'm so over dealing with PayPal. Been a customer since the beginning but can't stand the lack of Customer Support.

Login to Me Too

Lara-M
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve resisted using PayPal until now and based on my experience with FitbitStore, i dont think I will use PayPal in the future.
Login to Me Too

Bezzer
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I fell for this scam Friday night (May 8th)  when I placed an order on my phone for the Versa 2. This fraudulent site was the second link in my Google search. I messaged Paypal that night, as I knew something was off when I saw the seller info on my paypal receipt. I went back to the website on my laptop and, after exploring the site for less than a couple minutes, I knew it was a scam. I talked to a Paypal rep Saturday morning and gave them the seller info and the URL. I even explained to them the many things that are wrong with the site (You can't track your order, create an account, seller info doesn't match the online retailer, and the social media link on the site don't work). On top of that, I told the rep that I never received an email directly from the retailer confirming my order. The rep placed a hold on my payment until I receive the item, but also informed me that if I don't receive my order or hear from the seller in 7 days, I can file a dispute for a refund. What makes me upset is that this Paypal account is still active and able to accept payments.

Login to Me Too

WiseOldHowell
Contributor
Contributor

Impressed you could actually talk to someone at PayPal. I work in IT and security and am so frustrated that I fell for this! I've been messaging PP support via Twitter and they 'seem' like they are helping. I can't imagine how many people have ordered and are NEVER going to get anything and the thieves are running off with thousands of dollars...  Sad. and VERY sad PP is complacent. 

Login to Me Too

Bezzer
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe I fell for this, too! First time I've been scammed. I messaged PP again after I noticed this thread, and reminded them that other members are being scammed by the same account holder. They don't seem to be in a hurry shutting this scammer down, as all the representative did today was respond with PP's dispute and claim information. I told him this account should be frozen at the very least, but I doubt they'll act accordingly until many more fall victim. 

Login to Me Too

Mdp139
New Community Member
You actually spoke to a human? I couldnt even get a person. I was told my claim was denied because no one was available at PayPal because they are not manning their phones because of covid.... I've been dealing with this since May 10th.
Login to Me Too

SAustinLisonbee
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly what is happening to me. I was turned down for help canceling the order with a fraudulent website since there was no catagory for that claim. But then when I filed the unrecieved merchandise claim the "seller" provided a ups code for some shipment in my city. You can't see the zip or address where it was delivered. I'm trying to contact UPS to prove it's not my address but so far it's impossible to reCh a person. The tracking info doesn't even match my purchase - it shows 2 packages shipping and I ordered one tiny watch. I'm worried that Paypal will accept any tracking code as legitimate.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.