First time I got scammed via paypal

Hyuk
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am expecting a big money loss on my site. I never got scammed before, lesson learned. So what happen is, via discord a person messaged me since I wanted to sell an account. But that person than asked me if I can help him to buy something, since his payment doesn’t work and sends the money first (red flag, but since I am clueless i don’t realize it). And I bought for that person ingame coins. Then he asked for another payment and said to buy it for a friend, I asked why he not buying himself and he told me he is buying it for him most of the time. (That is okay I guess but if you think about it very suspicious). Then there was one more person. In the end I did three payments and one of these person already put a request to look for that transaction. Since the person noticed a transaction which was not done by them. That’s when I realized I got scammed and asked that person. He of course instead blocked me. For me it will hurt since I am not financially stable. I still want to share this, it’s a lesson I learned. When you think you know everything, you just get another hit. Red Flag: - you are trying to sell something - buyer ask you to buy something else instead buy what you try to sell - keep asking to buy for his friends too - and is pushing you to buy it fast
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.