Final decision

Miaamoo
New Community Member

I had a decision to refund me from a fraudulant buyer. Can the final decision be appealed by the buyer?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Miaamoo 

Buyer can appeal if option is available and can reopen case under another reason if they lose because of choosing the wrong reason. Sometimes buyer can win on appeal but PayPal refund them as a courtesy (out of their pocket). If buyer can't appeal PayPal dispute, they can go to their credit card or bank to dispute and PayPal will open a dispute on your account but will charge an extra $20 or equivalent to handle the credit card chargeback or bank reversal. If your transaction meets the basic and additional requirements for unauthorized payment or item not received disputes, PayPal MAY cover you entirely on chargebacks or bank reversals. Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) claims or if items/services involved are not eligible, are not covered.

It depends on how dead set the buyer is at getting their money back. They can take you to small claims court if they wanted. Don't know if they'll win depending the circumstances but they can.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.