Filing for a case but the other party does not respond

playgirlari
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I've filed two cases for two different payments from the same person and I am just asking what if the other party does not respond? I have contacted this person several times via email and Instagram messages and have not had a reply at all. I have been left on "Seen" by the other party on Instagram though. I am being completely ignored and feel like I have been scammed as I have purchased two items from this person from December of last year and up until now I have not received anything and I don't think I will be receiving anything at all at this point.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@playgirlari 

Escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim within 20 days from date of dispute for PayPal to get involved.

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

playgirlari
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

the link tells me to scroll down at the bottom of the page to click "Escalate to PayPal" but I cannot find it anywhere.

image1.PNG

Login to Me Too

playgirlari
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I just read that apparently I have to wait 7 days after a case has been filed to be able to escalate it to PayPal. I guess I will wait now 🙂 

Login to Me Too

hardcore-fs
Contributor
Contributor

@playgirlari 

That's in your favour, if they don't respond it defaults in your favour.

But give it a bit more time, you don't want to be unreasonable with the current situation

Login to Me Too

playgirlari
Contributor
Contributor

If the other party does not reply at all, would I get refunded?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.