Filing a dispute

Gwen12
Contributor
Contributor
its a case where the funds i sent to the seller were on hold and i had to verify ‘i received the parcel’ before she could receive the funds. but in actual fact, i haven’t receive the parcel bc she claimed she needed the funds first to pay for shipping. can i still file a dispute?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gwen12 

Yes, shipping should not be your problem and she should have made sure she had enough funds before listing the item for sale.

If the transaction is completed in your paypal account then you have paid and she should ship the item promptly.

If she ships trackable then funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 day.

The hold is because she is a new seller so if you open a dispute and get a refund then that can impact on her being allowed to sell in the future or the new seller hold being extended.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gwen12
Contributor
Contributor
tysm.. so to confirm... i’ve verified the parcel, means i agreed that i have ‘received’ the parcel for her to get the funds first before she could have money to ship it to me. so i can still file for dispute saying i have not received the item?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gwen12 

You don't verify you have received anything if you haven't done so yet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gwen12
Contributor
Contributor
i’ve already verified it last monday, she claimed she did not have any funds to ship it so i had to verify it for her to get the money first. is there any way i could contact and explain to paypal about it?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Gwen12,

If you do not receive the item, you can still open a dispute, but having already confirmed that you received the item, the dispute may be closed. I would recommend allowing a reasonable amount of time for shipment, and then if it is not received, open the dispute and see what the outcome is. You have up to 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute.

It's vitally important not to ever confirm receipt of an item that you have not yet received, or select anything that does not match the actual circumstances of any situation when using PayPal. These measures are all in place for your protection, and circumventing them prevents PayPal from keeping you protected.

I hope the item is delivered!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.