Filing a dispute as a guest user

One_Time_User
New Community Member
Good afternoon all. I ordered a video game unit I saw advertised on Facebook. As the checkout/payment was through PayPal, I went ahead and ordered. When I got the unit, it was not what I ordered at all. I used PayPal as a guest so I have found it impossible to find a contact to get help. I have tried to call via phone as I created a PayPal account after and all I get is they cannot find the transaction for the account (no kidding). I have my receipt from PayPal along with the transaction ID and all the other information. I just need help in actually getting in contact with PayPal to file a dispute. Could anyone please help?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @One_Time_User,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to know about what has happened. If you purchased something and would like a refund because you haven't received it, or it's not as described, you can file a dispute in our Resolution Center to start the process of getting your money back. You have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute. Since you have made the payment via a guest account, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website so, that our advisor can help you dispute the charge. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

I hope this helps.

Ayesha.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.