Filed wrong type of dispute, cannot change

sean3d3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

Recently I was scammed on a set of wheels and tires through Facebook classifieds.  I sent someone $700.00 and after receiving the money, they blocked me from messaging them.  I have also found out on the Facebook page where the item was listed, that he has scammed multiple other people as well.  I immediately filed a dispute with Paypal, however I accidentally filed it under unauthorized access.  The dispute was reviewed, and because I was the one who sent the payment, the case was closed, as it was not unauthorized access.  I would like to file a dispute for goods not received, however because I have already filed a dispute under that transaction, I am unable to file another through the resolution center.  If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks very much.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sean3d3 

Did you pay using the friends / family option which meant that you could only open an unauthorised dispute OR did you just make a mistake and open the wrong one?

If it was the latter then phone customer services, explain you opened unauthorised by mistake and see if they will open a dispute for non receipt of item for you....they do 'sometimes'.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sean3d3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kernowlass, I do appreciate the feedback.  I actually paid via Facebook wallet which is linked to my Paypal.  I'm not sure if that is considered friends/family or not.  I filed a claim via Facebook as well, but they immediately denied as they offer no buyer protection.  I have also contacted my bank, and filed a report with them as well but I was told that could take a while and she said it is unlikely to have any success.  The Paypal is linked directly to my bank account not my credit card.  I just feel lost, I have contacted every route with which the money was sent and there is nothing anyone can do.  The worst part is, this guy is still out there posting items and scamming over and over.

Login to Me Too

Smilingface
Contributor
Contributor
same here i accidentally file wrong case and they closed the case....i dont know what to do...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.