Filed dispute

Matts_girl19
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a pair of yoga pants with the flap pockets advertised on Facebook. I waited a few weeks and finally they came in. No no they didn’t. What I received is not what I paid for, it was a completely different pair of pants. I immediately emailed the company and asked for them to refund my money or send the correct pants. After disputing this matter for two months I got PayPal involved. Now the company continues to say I need to return the item AT MY EXPENSE to get my refund. I should not have to pay for their mistake! They refuse to pay for the return shipping so no matter what I can not be made whole! Anyone got any suggestions? The shipping fee to return the item is $20+
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Matts_girl19 

Escalate to a claim for paypal to get involved BUT you may not win the claim as paypal do not get involved in quality of items, as long as its the correct item that would be the end of it.

Also if you did win you may still have to return the item as paypal state..........

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.