Filed PayPal claim for refund, Seller never responded, PayPal hasn't refunded.

intaxle
Contributor
Contributor

So I purchased an item online through Paypal for $58.40. The seller bought a shipping label but never actually shipped out the item. I filed a claim about 20 days ago and PayPal said that if the seller did not respond By June 10th the claim would be closed in my favor. I cannot get in contact with PayPal at all, and I still do not have my refund. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@intaxle 

Paypal normally reviews / refund within 48 hours of the deadline given by paypal is met.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@intaxle 

Paypal normally reviews / refund within 48 hours of the deadline given by paypal is met.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Holly0111
Contributor
Contributor

Escalated a claim due to not receiving an item. It has been more than 30 days since the seller was supposed to respond. Case is still open and seller has not responded. I can see that refund is expected within 48 hours but after 30 days what do I do? Item not received my item for more than 2 months now and bogus tracking to another state was provided to me as proof of mailing. 

Login to Me Too

JEOS
Contributor
Contributor
I reached back out to PayPal and asked for my options. I have done business with them for 20 years because I trust them to do the right thing. Sure enough, someone reviewed my case, apologized, debited the seller, and refunded my money. Polite persistence pays off.
Login to Me Too

JJ882
Contributor
Contributor
I had same problem and Paypal refused to believe me and accepted the sellers bogus shipment number ie they bought a label and didn't use it or similar. No item no money back
Login to Me Too

biggbaddgirl
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the exact same problem but the seller waited until I filed the dispute to then give Paypal a bogus email address and then created a shipping label with no movement. Paypal only keeps pushing back my resolve date. It's like they are on the fraudulent sellers side. I just want my money back since I never received the 2 items I purchased. Can't get in touch with them at all and can't get a response. 

Login to Me Too

Ericclark1
New Community Member
I’m having the same issue.
Login to Me Too

rugby57
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something on 2nd may first i was overcharged by   $38.98 i contacted seller right away to  bring it to their attention no response, They sent me an email on the 3rd may telling me they are shipping i again emailed them and asked them to rectify the mistake and refund my $38.98 again no response, i emailed paypal after trying several times to call them with no answer enclosing the emails that i had sent to the seller . First response was in the sellers Favour, I appealed the decision was told it was denied, i appealed again as still to date i have received no goods for my $62.97 they took from my  paypal, now have received another email telling me appeal denied, I went on to the website provided by paypal on my account to discover many many people in my position, who have all complained to paypal, my question is really if paypal knew of the fraud company why would it allow buyers to lose their money i am too feeling that paypal is coming down on the side of fraudulent sellers, I will not give up i can ill afford losing $62.97 to scammers any ideas please?

Login to Me Too

JEOS
Contributor
Contributor
I have a similar problem. I purchased on March 21; Seller appeared to be in the US, but then could not ship my item from China because of COVID. PayPal just closed my claim saying I did not respond to their request for info, but I checked regularly and they never asked me for any information. I have used PayPal for years because I thought I was protected. Does anyone know what to do?
Login to Me Too

rugby57
Contributor
Contributor

It must be a bog standard email that paypal use saying we never responded with info asked for, as i had the same after the email saying  they  came in Favour of the seller. I dont know how we can sort this, have every sympathy as i too have used paypal for years, and believed i would be protected, ive tried ringing them over and over again but as soon as i say i want to complain, its says i cant be put through to speak with anyone, next they will say im out of time, hope you get it sorted dont give up as i wont. Good luck with getting your money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.