File dispute over scam?

swaran2
Contributor
Contributor

If I take a financial investment and the person to whom I pay the money to using Paypal checkout, NOT UNDER FAMILY AND FRIENDS, and that person blocks me on the form of social media such as WhatsApp, basically meaning I've been scammed. What are the steps I should take in order to get my money back?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@swaran2 

Please read the purchase/buyer protection program terms to see if your type of transaction is even covered which I don't think financial investments are if I remember correctly. Click "Legal" at the bottom-right side of the page to access the PayPal User agreement, be sure to select your country.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

swaran2
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it isn't covered. Thanks for letting me know before I actually had invested.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@swaran2 

And I would not financially invest in something through WhatsApp or any social media site. You'd be asking to be had, to be honest. Go to a proper reputable financial investment website/company and go full hog and pay with bank account. There is no refunds in investing anyway. There is always risk. People use their expendable cash to do it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.