Feels like I'm going insane trying to get someone to remove a limitation to my account

DistalDub
New Community Member

I'll make this as simple as possible to understand for everyone. If anyone can offer some insight it would be lovely.
- Someone broke into my PP account and tried to send thousands of dollars. 

- PP caught it, and after an hour or two on the phone with fraud dept. they reimbursed me to my credit card.

- PP did NOT however refund me the "transaction fee". My bank caught this and requested the transaction fee back. PP accepted and refunded.

- Turns out PP DID reimburse my transaction fee but in the form of a paypal balance (not sure why they do this considering money taken from my CC accrues interest)
- So PP caught their mistake and limited my account. I have to pay back the $80.23.

- I put the $80.23 into my paypal account to resolve the issue as the resolution center suggested would be easiest.
- I spent 12+ hours and almost 5 days on hold with PP to try and get them just to take the f@#&ing money and remove the limitation. I finally got someone to say they had removed the limitation and it would take 48-72 hours and that INDEED it would be removed. I got a 'correspondence #' . 

- I contact PP today because I have not seen any movement and they tell me they have no idea what's going on and that I gotta call in and do this whole thing over again. 

I'm exhausted. I need to continue to do business and I can't because of an error PP made. I feel like Fry in that meme "TAKE MY MONEY" and they wont. How dumb is this issue ? They want me to give them $80.23. I put it into the damn account and I gotta spend weeks trying to get someone just to take my money ? I've never been in such an absurd situation.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.