Feedback on a poor experience...

Slowe
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community and PayPal,

I'm writing this thread because I couldn't find anywhere better to do it and in case anyone else has had a smiler poor experience dealing with a fraud through the buyer protection policy. I had an item that was delivered to me that I had paid for that was not finished and the seller told me he would refund the purchase price but never did and also went silent so I could not contact him. I contacted paypal several times to open disputes about the item providing proof that the product didn't work firstly via video evidence (this was rejected as it wasn't 'compelling enough'), the second time I reopened the case and provided conversation logs between myself, the original developer, company owner and a NEW Dev saying it wasn't finished (this was also rejected on the same grounds). Apparently the seller provided better evidence that the program did work which is complete rubbish and they based their answer on that but they wouldn't even show me that evidence because of 'privacy reasons'. If the seller had a working product, shouldn't PayPal tell him to give it too me and this can all be settled. I think its ridiculous that they can just overlook the evidence that the buyer has provided in a 'buyer protection policy' not a 'seller protection policy'. They told me to contact my bank instead and do a charge back (They had the problem fixed in 3 days).

End of the line, don't waste your time with PayPals guarantees, just go straight to your bank if you can't resolve the issue with the seller personally. I am highly dissatisfied with the process and how my dispute was handled. The people I spoke to were excellent but the 'buyer protection policy' from my experience was a joke. 

I'm very appreciative of the work and service paypal provides but just very dissapointed in the outcome of this case when it could have been fixed very easily with my bank. Buy Safe Online Guys!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slowe

Are you talking about a 'virtual' or 'digital' item?

If so then you would not have any buyer protection anyway.

Paypal buyer protection only covers you for non receipt of that type of item and not not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Slowe
Contributor
Contributor

It was a digital application. They processed it as 'not as described'. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slowe

Exactly so if the seller did not agree to refund you voluntarily then paypal would not reimburse you as you were not covered by buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Slowe
Contributor
Contributor

No @kernowlass, read the message, they didn't refund me because he showed more evidence that the item worked (aparently) then all my evidence that I provided them to show that the item I had received didn't work. I don't know why we are even discussing this, I made the post to give feedback on a bad experience. My problem is solved through my bank despite PayPals decision. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slowe

your wrong but ok, bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Slowe
Contributor
Contributor

Well I'm really not. Did you talk to a PayPal Representitive today about this issue?? Arrrr.... no I didn't think you did. Thanks for your unhelpful input into this thread. -1Kudos for you @kernowlass Cya!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slowe

Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.