Feedback not welcome?

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

Why do I get the idea PayPal doesn't want feedback?

When I click the "Feedback" link under a resolution centre case, it comes up with a feedback form in Israeli (I'm in Australia) and it's all written right to left. I click "translate", and whilst the form does translate it shows the radio buttons numbered 5 on the left to 1 on the right, with "poor" written beneath 5 and "excellent" written beneath 1. I would assume that 1 should be poor and 5 should be excellent, so is this just an attempt to get more 5's because people think they are selecting "poor".

Also, an email we received told us we could update the case in the resolution centre. There is nowhere to do so. That's why I was about to give them a "poor" rating in the feedback. I ended up giving no feedback in case I inadvertently made them think they were doing well. 

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Bazzinator,

Thanks for letting me know about the trouble you've encountered. I wanted to update you that I've received word regarding the feedback page issue - it has now been resolved, so the feedback page should take you to the country-appropriate page, in the correct language. Thanks to your report, we were able to get this fixed.

Regarding the issue you're currently encountering, as it's specific to your case, this wouldn't be something I'd be able to help with directly. I apologize that I'm not able to provide hands-on assistance for all the issues you've encountered, but I would advise using our Facebook or Twitter pages to contact us for these direct issues. The experience you had with the agent through email is definitely disappointing, and I'm sorry they didn't do their due diligence to look into the problem and ensure it was resolved. Hopefully the issue is fixed soon.

I appreciate you providing feedback regarding issues with the website, your case, and any other problems you may encounter; however, I won't always be able to provide any kind of update or in-depth assistance here. I hope you understand. Thank you!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @PayPal_AshleyM for getting the feedback button fixed. I assume it's fixed, haven't had the opportunity to use it yet.

Are you planning on getting the "Report a Problem" button under "We're here to help" in the https://www.paypal.com/disputes/ fixed too? Rather than allowing a user to report a problem, it simply takes them back to their account summary screen. essentially, the button is useless.

And, when are your service people going to start actually reading the problems presented to them?

I realise that there is nothing you can do about specific cases, but maybe you can get someone to look at the training of your people. When we submit a problem to PayPal we invariable know beforehand that the person who looks at it will either copy/paste a standard supply that doesn't address the issue, or will only provide a partial reply. It's very frustrating. PayPal needs to set some higher standards for the people being employed in "customer service".

Take a look at this below.

Our issue: (as advised by email in response to a copy/pasted reply)

There was no “appeal” necessary.  
The case was found in OUR FAVOUR.  
The money was refunded back to us.  
We then gave the customer a partial refund when the product was returned.  
YOU then took THE FULL AMOUNT back out of our account.  
What appeals process are you talking about and why is this so difficult for you to understand? You have refunded a customer the full amount of their original transaction, despite the fact that the original case was found in our favour, and despite the fact THAT WE HAD ALREADY REFUNDED THE CUSTOMER.  
Please get your act together and give me a sensible response, not a “copy/pasted” out of the box

The response we received to that: (clearly only a partial response - doesn't even address the main problem of the double refund)

Dear BARRY COLDRICK,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns. I am happy to assist you further in regards to PP-D-24166792.

If a Significantly Not as Described claim is decided in the buyer's favor, we may ask the buyer to send the item back to the seller at the buyer's expense.

Online trackable Proof of Delivery is required. Once we have confirmed that the item has returned to the seller, we will process a refund.

After your dispute was escalated to a claim, we carefully reviewed the information you and the buyer provided and your original eBay listing.
We found that the item the buyer received was significantly different from the description in your eBay listing.

You can appeal this decision if:

• The item you received from the buyer was in worse condition than when you shipped it (beyond normal wear from shipping).
  • The buyer sent back an empty box or a different item.
  • You feel that we made an error or didn’t have enough information to review the claim.

Here’s how to appeal the decision:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click More near the top of the page and then click Resolution Centre.
  3. Find the claim in "Resolution Centre Cases".
  4. Click View under "Action", then select Appeal.

You have 10 days from the date this case was decided to appeal it.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Dina <removed>
PayPal

Our Response to That:

Hi Dina,

First and foremost, please address the MAIN problem of the double refund.

We already issued a refund for the goods after they were returned to us, and then you took the full transaction amount from our account and gave it to the buyer. He has been “refunded” twice. There is no “appeal” needed, you simply need to reverse your error.

Secondly, the item was not found to be significantly different from that advertised. We provided PayPal with the screen shots and PayPal found the item to be AS ADVERTISED, and that is why PayPal suggested that the buyer return the goods for a credit rather than simply issuing a credit. The buyer decided after receiving the product that he “wanted a different brand”. It was nothing to do with the items being “not as advertised”.

Thirdly, we did not agree to a “refund of freight”. The buyer ordered items and was supplied the items “as advertised”. The buyer later decided that even though the item was “as advertised”, he wanted a different brand. We shouldn’t be out of pocket for the freight charge of $35.00 simply because the buyer decided he didn’t want the brand we supplied.

But again, the main point here that you keep avoiding is that PayPal has refunded the customer AFTER we had already refunded the customer. Why can you not see this in the transaction list?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

I understand that you weren't provided helpful customer service when you contacted us through email, and I apologize for that. I'll do my best at reporting that problem, but there's not any additional information I'd be able to provide regarding that.

In relation to the "Report a Problem" button, I've already advised of this issue and have escalated it for review. Hopefully the problem is resolved soon.

Regarding your case, is it possible that your buyer appealed the decision on the claim? That wouldn't resolve the double refund, but it's possible that the buyer may have appealed the decision, which caused the refund to complete upon your receipt of the item back. Either way, the duplicate refund is definitely an issue, and I would advise again to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can help.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM I don't think he has appealed it. He accepted the decision which was to return the product to us for a refund. He did so. PayPal however refunded the total to us, so we refunded the customer in the original transaction. The next thing we knew, PayPal took the money back out of our account (the whole original amount) to refund the customer.

All it would take is for someone to review the transactions to see what happened, but we are having a hard time getting anyone to actually read the email or look into the problem thoroughly. 

It takes so long to get a reply, and then the reply is obviously by someone who is too overworked to look into the problem, and just wants to get another annoying customer out of their inbox.

Certainly, if the customer appealed anything, it wouldn't take much of an effort by PayPal to realise that most of the original transaction had already been refunded. How can PayPal systems be so bad that they would allow it to take out more than what is left of the transaction? The transaction was $91.00, we refunded $56.00 so there is $35.00 left to cover our freight, PayPal took out another $91.00. Anyone can see it doesn't add up, and yet it takes days to get any reply, and the replies received are always just copy/pasted "you can appeal this if you like". It's just terrible service all round from PayPal, especially when the "customer service" people get involved. They are lucky I'm not the manager there, because there would be some drastic changes to the staff in that area. 

Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM and once again, a copy/pasted reply. THEY DO NOT READ THE EMAILS. As a reply to what I told them, this makes absolutely no sense. I get the impression you have no real people responding to these emails. Are they just automated robots?

Dear Barry <removed>,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns. I am happy to assist you further.

With this claim, we decided that your buyer is due a refund after they return the item to you in the condition it was received.

If you didn't receive this item or if you did receive it, but it's not in its original condition, you can file an appeal on this claim.

Here's how to file an appeal:

2. Click "Resolution Center."
3. Click "View" next to your case, then click "Appeal."

You must appeal the decision within 10 days after we decide your case. We may contact you to ask for more information.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Abdul <removed>
PayPal

Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

When a viable alternative to PayPal comes along, they've got my business. I would make the switch immediately.

Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM here's a standard go-to reply we often receive when the support person just can't be bothered. We don't send any emails with attachments, but we get the below copy/paste reply quite often. Guess it must be lunch time for the support staff? And, the ridiculous info tells us to log in to the "Resolution Center", which is where we find malfunctioning buttons leading to nowhere and no way to update the case.

And the below was in "response" to a very simple email which included all the details beneath it. The email we sent had no attachment and said simply 

Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 3:53:14 AM (-05:00)
Subject: RE: FW: FW: Disputeapayment (ID: C036-L011-TDISPDISPUTE001-S111-W000000) (KMM336378506V56257L0KM)

Why have you refunded the customer TWICE?  

The response:

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

To help protect your information, we don’t accept files that are sent as email attachments. Instead, we offer a more secure way to submit the information we’ve requested.

Here’s how to send us your information:

2. Click Help at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click Resolution Center at the top of the page.
  4. Find your case under "Resolution Center cases," then click Resolve next to the request for documentation.
  5. Click Upload Files.
  6. Click Browse to find the file you want to send, then click Open.
  7. Enter a title for the file. (The title shouldn’t include more than 3 numbers.). Please send the file in .jpg format.
  8. Select the type of evidence, then click Attach This File.
  9. Attach any other files, then click Send Files to PayPal.

If you experience difficulty uploading your documents through this method, you can send your files to us through the Secure Message Center.
Here's how to use the Secure Message Center:

2. Click Help & Contact.
  3. Click Message Center.
  4. Click Create New Message.
  5. Select the topic you're contacting us about, then click Continue.
  6. Click Upload Files.
  7. Click Browse and select the file you want to attach.
  8. Click Attach this File.
  9. Click Send Files to PayPal to submit them for review.

Here's more information about uploading files and documents to PayPal:

• Give the file a recognizable name.
  • The name should include no more than 3 numbers.
  • You can provide a description of the file you are sending, up to 100 characters.
  • Information that you upload appears in the Attachments box. You can preview the file or delete it from there.
  • You can attach multiple files, up to a total file size of 2000kb, using these file formats: gif, jpg, or png
Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_AshleyM,

Guess what? The button still isn't fixed. I can't say I 'm surprised. It's the type of service we have come to expect from PayPal. You seem like you are doing everything you can to improve service, but you are stuck relying on the same lazy PayPal employees that we have to deal with too.

So at this stage, the buttons aren't fixed, our simple case is still unresolved, and we even escalated this to PayPal's executive escalations ONE WEEK AGO. Still nothing. It looks like the rot has set in at PayPal and it goes all the way to the top.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.