Feedback not welcome?

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

Why do I get the idea PayPal doesn't want feedback?

When I click the "Feedback" link under a resolution centre case, it comes up with a feedback form in Israeli (I'm in Australia) and it's all written right to left. I click "translate", and whilst the form does translate it shows the radio buttons numbered 5 on the left to 1 on the right, with "poor" written beneath 5 and "excellent" written beneath 1. I would assume that 1 should be poor and 5 should be excellent, so is this just an attempt to get more 5's because people think they are selecting "poor".

Also, an email we received told us we could update the case in the resolution centre. There is nowhere to do so. That's why I was about to give them a "poor" rating in the feedback. I ended up giving no feedback in case I inadvertently made them think they were doing well. 

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

OrbitStorm
Contributor
Contributor

Feedback absolutely isn't welcome here. Posting any sort of criticism, especially a detailed outline of PayPal's negligence or incompetence results in the thread being removed. Has happened to me twice, once earlier today. Moderators here are incredibly partial and seemingly spend their time purging the forums of negative feedback.

Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

I figured that might be the case, since problems with the portal never seem to get fixed, and feedback I have given via email in the past has been largely ignored. It's a shame, because PayPal could be such a great system if they would only iron out the bugs. Will never happen if they keep removing and/or ignoring criticism.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Bazzinator,

Thanks for reporting the issue regarding the feedback link. I'll ensure this feedback is escalated internally. You can also provide your feedback here so that we can provide help if possible. If you're not able to respond to the disputes case, please reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can help update the case for you and figure out what's causing the problem in the Resolution Center for you.

@OrbitStorm, it appears that you had a post earlier that was picked up automatically by our spam filter and was later removed once it was reviewed by moderators. I understand you may be frustrated, however please refrain from posting what you believe are moderator actions, as this is against our Community Guidelines. I apologize for the inconvenience related to that post, but it has since been resolved. Negative feedback is not removed from our forum pages, only things that violate our Guidelines. Thanks for your understanding.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_AshleyM. I really can't be bothered spending a lot of time trying to work out other ways to contact PayPal. The portal has a lot of flaws. I have tried reporting some of them before, but like I say, it's as if nobody at PayPal is that interested in what the customers have to say, especially when we get silly little things like bringing up an Israeli feedback form for an Australian customer. 

We use PayPal because a lot of our customers request it. If the service from PayPal was better we might even "want" to use PayPal. At the moment PayPal is just lucky they have a semi captive user base, because if they were relying on retaining customers by providing excellent service, they would be out of business.

All we ask is that the portal gets some attention. Stop the untrained programmers from messing with it, and find better ways to deal with customer feedback. A few weeks ago, one of your untrained programmers did something that removed the top tool bar from the portal for a few days, but we had no easy way to let you know about it. If we did have an easy way, you might have been able to fix the problem in a matter of minutes instead of days.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Bazzinator,

I understand how valuable your time is and that this process can be time-consuming, and I can definitely appreciate how difficult it can be to get through to us. Your point regarding the feedback link is completely valid, and I want to make sure it's fixed. I'm already in the process of reporting this. Please know that we do want your feedback and to know about issues affecting accounts, the website, our help links, etc. We're always trying to improve our services and ensure everything is working to the needs and requests of everyone who uses it, not just the buyers.

If there are other issues you've noticed that you'd like to mention here, please feel free so that I can ensure they're escalated for review. I'm happy to help get this resolved in any way I can. Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation and give all the details to assist.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM, thanks. Sounds like you should be in management, and some of the current management shouldn't be. 

Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @PayPal_AshleyM, just another example of why it seems like feedback isn't wanted by PayPal. I was in my Open Cases screen today looking at an Open Case that's been dragging on. PayPal has made a ridiculous error with the case that any 12 year old could work out in about 5 minutes, yet even since laying out in chronological order the sequence of events, it's still been 2 business days (96 hours total as there has been a weekend) since I received any update from PayPal which simply said

"Thank you for contacting PayPal. We're currently reviewing your case and will contact you if we need more information. Thanks for your patience and cooperation."

If it was a complex matter I could understand it taking maybe 24 hours, but it's not complex at all, which leads me to have little faith in PayPal. It's something that could be fixed in 5 minutes if the right person looks at it. I do understand that there are probably a lot of "cases" to be reviewed, but 96 hours is ridiculous, and I've had some before that have taken weeks. 

Furthermore, at the bottom of that cases screen is a large button that says "We're here to help - Report a problem". Now if I click that button, all it does is take me back to my summary screen. So as I stated in the title of this topic, feedback is not welcome by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

So @PayPal_AshleyM just thought I would keep you appraised of the ridiculous responses we receive from your untrained staff. We followed up on this case yesterday to find out what is going on.

Note! The case is STILL OPEN. The case was originally found in our favour and the money refunded to us. We have refunded the customer for the cost of the goods, from that payment in good faith. PayPal then proceeded to rip the full amount BACK OUT OF OUR ACCOUNT. So the original payment was $91.00, we have already refunded the customer $56.00 of it, and PayPal has taken another $91.00 from our account.

We explained the problem in simple detail by email to business support and we received this "Out of the box, copy/paste" reply. So do you really stand by your claim that PayPal want to help? The person who sent that email didn't bother to check that the case is still open, didn't bother to check that it was originally resolved in our favour, and didn't bother to do the simple math on the transactions to see that more has been deducted than what has been paid.

Dear Barry <removed>,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Generally, the decision made at the conclusion of a buyer claim is final and can only be appealed if new information is presented which was not considered during the original investigation.

If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you can do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account,' click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center.
  3. Select Closed cases in the drop down menu and find the claim you wish to view.
  4. Click Appeal in the action column.
  5. Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note: The Appeal button will only be available for 10 days after case closure.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Sharath
Protection Services Department
PayPal

Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

I guess @PayPal_AshleyM must have resigned in disgust.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.