Faulty watch and have had no support from PayPal

John19782
Contributor
Contributor
I recently purchased an Oshen Watch. The watch arrived, but it doesnt switch on. Plus there is no means to charge the phone as it didnt come with a charger. It's not a universal fit so I cant even go out a purchase say a USB charger. So effectively I have something that just looks pretty. It's a fitness watch so its suppose to do many functions. To link up to the phone you are supposed to use fitpro app. When looking at this, many reviews all saying the same thing - unable to link phone to watch. Making the watch redundant and useless. I contacted the merchant whi apologetic and stated the would send another watch. Looking at the reviews I knew this would resolve the problem of having a functioning watch!! So I kindly said no and would like a refund. Communication was very laboured and I then got a response that they could refund 20%!!! So I have paid £59 and have a refund of about £12 and have a bit of plastic which resembles a watch!! I asked PayPal to step in. Seller offered a full refund but I had to pay the shipping cost and for the watch to be returned within a couple of days. I wasnt happy about this as I'm paying for a faulty product. I brought the watch in good faith. I went to PayPal and expressed my concerns that returning the watch in the time scales offered wasnt even viable!!? I then got a response from paypal stating case closed and in favour of merchant. I cant quite believe it, where is the buyers protection that PayPal keep stating about?! I've been trying to communicate with PayPal to Express my disbelief only to find it's near on impossible. I'm feel very strongly about this and I'm considering closing my account and pay with a credit card for future transactions. John
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.