Faulty laptop battery

JE9
New Community Member

Following the purchase of a laptop battery from a UK company (later discovered it was actually from China) the battery worked for two weeks then died. The seller sent me a postage label to return it. However the label was to Amazon retailer. It was not purchased from Amazon but from the seller's own site so there was no point in returning it to them. I have given PayPal this information and they have suggested I return it to the company in China and send them proof of postage. This will incur more cost for me and the seller may say he has not received it. I have since read so many bad reviews about the seller.

Should I just put this down to experience?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Cristina

Hi JE9,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

Under our PayPal Buyer Protection Policy, we do cover item not received or item as not as described. We do not cover the guarantee. If you need to ship back the item you may be eligible under our Return Shipping Program. We would not cover you if the seller claims that the item has not been shipped back. For more information about the terms and conditions of this policy, you should review the "Terms of use" section, accessible from the "Legal agreements" link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.