Faulty Purchase with PayPal

Eoinskeff97
New Community Member
I purchased a MacBook via PayPal Credit, it has just went faulty and it is not within Warranty with Apple but the buyer gave 6 month warranty. I know with other Credit schemes they cover a Electronic Purchases, I’m wondering if PayPal credit will cover my purchase and hopefully give me some leg to stand on if the seller does not do anything to help me.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eoinskeff97 

Sorry, PayPal does not get involved in warranties. If you do open a PayPal dispute (it would be like a chargeback/dispute in one so there is nobody else to call other than PayPal), you may negotiate something with the seller (may be a partial refund to pay for repair costs). But if you can't resolve issue with seller and escalate dispute to PayPal to make a decision, you could get denied.

"PayPal Buyer Protection is neither a product warranty nor a service warranty. No guarantees are given. PayPal Buyer Protection does not affect your statutory rights against the payment recipient. Please also consider section 2 below (Is PayPal Buyer Protection right for me?)."

Please read:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/buyer-protection?locale.x=en_GB

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.