Fashion web international

Carole1955
Contributor
Contributor

I've purchased items from this company in November and never recieved them. Looking on here now it looks like others have had the same problem. Can Pay pal explain to me why they took money from me to pay this company when they know they are dodgy.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carole1955 

When you shop with your credit card, does your card issuer stop you shopping internationally with some companies that they think may be inefficient?

No, they just provide you with 'some' protection if you are scammed.

Same as paypal, they are a payment processor, so YOU choose who you buy from and PAYPAL process the payment for you as requested.

They also give you 'some' buyer protection if you make a bad decision and buy from a company in China selling tat.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carole1955 

When you shop with your credit card, does your card issuer stop you shopping internationally with some companies that they think may be inefficient?

No, they just provide you with 'some' protection if you are scammed.

Same as paypal, they are a payment processor, so YOU choose who you buy from and PAYPAL process the payment for you as requested.

They also give you 'some' buyer protection if you make a bad decision and buy from a company in China selling tat.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ebhart

BE CAREFUL!!! - Fashionweb Web (aka Fanshionweb Web) knows how to get around this! 

I purchased from the site "LOVETOMORE". They sent a few items that were NOTHING like described/pictures (They were so bad that it's almost worth a funny video on it!). When I submitted a Paypal request/dispute Fanshionweb International told me to close the case and simply create a "request for funds" so they could refund the rest of my money. I did this, then found out the hard way that once you close a Paypal case/dispute, you are never allowed to open another one for that case, which I am sure Fanshionweb International knew all about. What a scam! Now they have gone completed dark...Duh! Lesson learned for me, just thought I would share this to hopefully help prevent someone else from dealing with these companies!

Also, I am pretty sure they purposely delay shipments so they go past the 180-day limit to open disputes!

Login to Me Too

lisa_raff
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me, I think paypal should be liable for this
Login to Me Too

Bunman1
Oh damn I bought from them a week ago and thought it was odd I never got order number or anything. This is last time I buy anything off Facebook page. I got **bleep** out of 100.00 from a leather jacket. Live and learn
Login to Me Too

Jennifer605
New Community Member
I have had PayPal tell me there is nothing they can do because the store is out of the country!
Login to Me Too

Bunman1
Oh that's not right at all
Login to Me Too

vqsunshine

I am in the same boat - and SOOO angry!  Totally got scammed. I received the order - a bunch of poorly made/ugly shirts and no contact information other than an email that no one answers. I want to get a refund and send the stuff back, but there is no place to sent it to, no one to call and PayPal closed the dispute. I just lost my hard earned money.

Login to Me Too

bordercollie4us
Contributor
Contributor

Same company that paypal gave my 71.95 cents to.  And then denied my claim against them.  I sent back the products I did receive as per Paypals solution and spent money 23.00 doing it. Then paypal doesnt even wait for my package to China to be delivered before the deny the claim and I have lost 23.00 -plus 71.95 to this FashionWEB international.  I think paypal is getting kickbacks from this company or they would look out for the buyer instead !  I am livid. 

Login to Me Too

jonsy
Contributor
Contributor

Its not just Fashion web international that is ripping us off ,  there is a whole host of Chinese companies ripping people off and Paypal are also culpable because they are not protecting the consumer . So there is a message in this , do not buy anything from china and tell everyone and Paypal are just as guilty . 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.