False charge by 'PAYPAL *NES ONLINE 4029357'.

megv
Contributor
Contributor

An amount of $189.84 has shown up on my bank statement. This appears to be a fraud. Can anyone please help. megv

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@megv 

Report it to your banking institution if it only shows up in your bank account and not on your PayPal account activity as well. The bank will contact PayPal in the course of their inquiries.

Also note the transaction date and compare it with any transactions for that date in your PayPal account activity. It could be a split payment between PayPal balance and your back up bank card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BeveAnne
New Community Member
I have had fraudulent transactions from 09 September 2019 up until 2 days ago. All transactions have 4029357 as a ref number but not ‘NES’ some say millhouse, nicol95, and others. Is there any way to find out who the PayPal user is?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi BeveAnne, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Jears
New Community Member
Except it's not account specific. I recieved a charge for $94.90 from SECONDTIMEA EB 4029357. I don't use paypal anymore, because I've lost all trust in PayPal... this just adds fuel to the fire.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.