False address scam. Same city, state, zip only

Bspeer999
New Community Member
So I ordered an item through Etsy. The item said it was delivered in Fedex. No item found so I call Fedex. Fedex says it was delivered to some woman with a different street address within the same city, state, zip. Due to privacy they will not hand out the other persons information. I filed a dispute which was rejected due to paypal only checking the city, state, and zipcode on the tracking during investigation. Now paypal wants me to appeal and provide documentation proving what address that the package actually went to. Why am I forced tk provide this when it should be forced to be provided by the seller who is able to access the information? This is a scammers delight using privacy laws and knowledge of paypals investigation techniques and policies regarding disputes against innocent people. Why would paypal ask me from customer service to provide information protected by privacy law to appeal and win my case? If anyone has dealt with this situation any advice is helpful. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.