We currently have limited customer service staffing due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions. We encourage you to find quick answers to your questions by searching the community forum or visiting our Help Center. Thank you for your patience.
New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I would like to know how someone can get away with obvious scam or borderline false advertising. In the last two days this is what I have seen.
1) 2021 Score Football Case of 12 $1,027.00 or right around that price. If you break that down its $84 a box. I have not seen it cheaper than $300.00 a box. Loos suspicious to me.
2) George Kittle and Trey Lance card. If you look its George Kittle and I believe the TE from Denver.
These people should be banned from selling. Is there anything we can do?
Yes don't buy from them is the best idea !!
Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.
Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.
They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.
1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.