Fake website. Abiluff.com

Pinkystar23
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a toy for 48.99 yesterday. Iv had no confimation email for the order but money has been sent by PayPal. PayPal are not responding to me via message. And have cancelled the dispute I filed last night to stop the payment. Iv contacted my bank who now have put a stop to any payments for PayPal but I cant get in touch with PayPal to tell them this. What am I going to do. Will I ever get this money back because I'm guessing I'll never recieve the goods.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jfitzo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I have tried to complain to PayPal, but it is either impossible or so difficult it might as well be.  They ask for feedback all the time, but you cannot complain, which demonstrates that they fail in their "duty of care" (a legal requirement) to their customers. 

Can I suggest that everyone raise a complaint with the FCA in the UK.  As a handler of money, they should be regulated by the FCA.  Normally the FCA only get involved with disputed complaints, however given that we cannot raise a complaint, this will make the FCA look into how hard it is to complain to PayPal.  They will also look into their practices.

If enough people do this, then the FCA will make PayPal address this situation, as it demonstrates a failing on PayPal's part.

I am lucky in the amount that I stand to lose is small, but for me it is the principle of the situation.  It should be easier to complain and appeal decision and it should be easier to complain to paypal.

Paypal are not the only guilty party in regards to this.  Lloyd's bank were hard to get hold of and google are impossible to contact.

Good luck

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.