Fake vacation rental on Marcos Island,

kittycarlson
Contributor
Contributor

I rented a vacation house off craigslist for 6 weeks. The seller sent me info and I paid on paypal. Paypal immediately limited my account and for some reason the guy refunded my money. He was still wanting to rent me his home and suggested I use friends and family to pay him. Initially he sent me a partial electric bill with the address on it. I looked up the property and found pictures from the last time it was for sale and it was the same house only had been updated. The name of the owner was the same as the guy who was calling me. I hesitated about paying him and asked to see the whole electric bill. He sent it with the owners name attached also the water bill.  He then sent me a copy of his driver's license after I requested it. Everything added up. I went to a website and did a search on the address. It gave the name of the owners. I looked them up on been verified and got ages and an address and phone number in PA. The age of the owner and my guy on the license was different. I looked up my guy on been verified with his address off the license and drew blanks. I called the number and spoke with the woman who owned the house and she stated they had rented at one time but not  on craigslist. Is there any way I can share this info with Paypal or some other entity to help catch this guy. He provided the bills and license immediately when I requested them. So he is a well organized scammer or maybe even an identity thief. He is calling me multiple times per day. Anyone have any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.