Fake tracking number

Marou2241
Contributor
Contributor
Greetings . I hope you're safe guys. Okay im very frustrated about this issue. I baught a laptop from ebay and apparently the seller was a scammer . I submitted a claim to refund my money however the seller provided 6 fake tracking numbers. After few days he added another tracking number which shows that the item was delivered however when i check the informations on the tracking number i saw that the item weight is (1 pound) and the shipping adress is somewhere in us . The order that i placed from ebay was an alienware m15 laptop which weights minimum 6 POUNDS and the shipping adress that i provided was in france. So now im frustrated because i saw in certains blogs that paypal needs a proof of delivery and the seller provided a wrong one and i heard that if paypal got a tracking number with a proof of delivery they will close the case in the favor of seller . Imagine paying 800 usd and you get scammed
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Sammybeds
Contributor
Contributor

Good afternoon,

I also have the same issue, I ordered a pair of  shoes from JINZHOU NETWORK TECHNOLOGY CO., LIMITED and was giving a tracking number which when checked also stated the item have been delivered. Which of course they had not unable to contact the delivery company emails returned saying the inbox was full. when I tried to resolve the issue with JINZHOU they kept replying via email  in very poor english the item had been delivered I contacted Paypal because I had used them to pay for item. After 2 months of so call investigation  they closed the case in the their favour stating that  JINZHOU had provided a tracking number and proof of delivery. 

Clearly we have no protection with Paypal  

Login to Me Too

Marou2241
Contributor
Contributor
But in my case the delivery adress was in france and the seller provided a tracking number for an item shipped in us so its obvious i hope that i will win the case 😔😔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.