cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake tracking number

Highlighted
Contributor

Fake tracking number

I submitted a picture provided by my post office which was taken of the package with the tracking number which clearly shows it was not addressed to me and they will not accept it as proof. I'm amazed how the vendor doesn't have to prove anything. The rep on the phone lied and told me the vendor has the burden of proof. I going to the post office again to try to get documentation they will accept. I'll bet you if I told PayPal my account payment check was in the mail and provided them a fake tracking number they wouldn't accept it. Regardless of how this turns out, once they have reached their decision I'm closing my accounts. I read that some one was trying to get a class action suit going. Does anyone know if there is any truth to it?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Fake tracking number

@Grandpa65 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fake tracking number

I actually went back to the post office and got the intranet doc with the post offices stamp and submitted it. Would you believe I got another message from PayPal changing the requirements and wanted more proof. I'm sorry I called them up and went off and told them to keep the money. I was tired of having the burden of proof while the changes the requirements. I brought up that they pointed out that the document did not show the address to where it was shipped which it did The rep change her position after I pointed out they were mistaken and closed the case in my favor. I expressed my dissatisfaction with their process and procedures which don't require the vendor to prove anything and told them to close my account which she didn't even acknowledge. She said that if they found the vendor on violation of policy they would suspend them. I said yeah right, send me that proof Either way , I'm done with them, i'll not use them ever again unless they prove to me the vendor is history however we all know they will just open another account, different name and keep **bleep** people.