Fake seller, help me please

lz1mak
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I just bought a radio from ebay uk. The radio arrived in the post office, I am looking at the tracking information. Because of the holidays I have to way til January 2020 before to get the parcel. But something strange happening. The seller is selling again the same item, I am looking at the photos. what can I do? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Dabel
Contributor
Contributor
Hurry and take a screen capture of your winning bid, photos of the one you ordered, all of them and then do the same thing with the new post selling it. Make sure you include the eBay number in every shot. You might also just call eBay and have them check it out.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

Dabel
Contributor
Contributor
Hurry and take a screen capture of your winning bid, photos of the one you ordered, all of them and then do the same thing with the new post selling it. Make sure you include the eBay number in every shot. You might also just call eBay and have them check it out.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lz1mak 

Why can't the seller have more than one for sale?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lz1mak
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, but it exactly the same radio, it has scratches. When I did the purchase, PayPal stoped my transaction twice automatically, than the seller used another e-mail to get the money. I will get the parcel after week or so. Are able PayPal to protect me if there is nothing in the parcel or at least there is not the item I paid for? Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lz1mak 

Sounds very odd if you bought on Ebay but did not use Ebay to checkout???

How did you pay, did the seller send you a money request or invoice?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lz1mak
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did used Ebay for checkout I think.

First two times the PayPal stoped the payment but I don't understand why. The seller said that "Ebay made bad jokes with him" and he have to change the e-mail address.  And every time he did relisted the item. From the third time payment was successful with different e-mail address. If it is possible I can post the screen shot of the transaction of the purchase. 

Now I am looking at the seller history. He sold exatly the same item once before my purchase, than my purchase and now is relisting the same item (exactly the same pictures I mean). I gues the seller have to post actual photos of the used equipmnet right? I have right to know what am I buying. 
Because the shippment is international I have to wait at least 10 days from now untill I get the parcel. 
I already sent message to the seller to ask him what is going on but there is no answer. Why is he selling the same item over and over again to different buyers.
Login to Me Too

lz1mak
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for this advice! I took photos of my purchase together with the photo of the PayPal money transaction and the new listing of the same item. But Now where to send this files so Ebay UK can check what is going on? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lz1mak 

I would ask Ebay customer services, this is Paypal a totally different company.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.