Fake nest.com website

ToddHurley
Contributor
Contributor

I submitted all the documentation in the chat room. I purchased online what I thought Was Nest.com but it was actually a scam a website setup to look like nest.com at 40 to 50% off the regular price. The actually web address was Nsonline.pw. I ordered a nest hub, google nest Yale door lock, google nest WiFi router with 2 points, and the Nest Doorbell for 694.00. Actual I paid through PayPal, which was the only option ; I immediately contacted Nest. The said they only have 4 authorized retailers to sell their product. Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. That’s when I started feeling uncertain about my purchase. I tried contacting the sellar on Aug. 5th and had no response. Then I contacted PayPal on Aug. 6th. to file a dispute. I purchased on the Aug. 5th.. I need your help please. If you check the tracking number on the receipt it says LY356935524CN. That’s the same tracking number on the small white envelope they sent that included a cheap phone case. Please someone help me get money back? Thank you!! Todd <removed>PayPal has closed out the case because it said I didn’t upload any documentation. I have uploaded the documents as I was chatting with someone from PayPal. Last I chatted with someone from PayPal. The sellar sent me a return address to send back the phone case but it was in Chinese. PayPal said they would translate it for. I waited several days then contacted PayPal back and they told me to be patient. They sent that translated by their corporate office and will have it back to me soon. Never received the translation and the next day the dispute was closed because I didn’t upload any documentation to prove my case. But I did. I’m very confused and don’t know what to. I’ve since tried to open another claim 2 more times. All it says is there has been an error and it’s probably on our (PayPal) end. The the new dispute gets automatically sent to a closed case. I’ve tried calling PayPal because I’m not the most tech savy but it always says the call volumne is higher than expected and cannot take any calls. I don’t want for this scam company from China to get away with my $694.00. I don’t know what to do. Can someone please help me? See below: As Vince Lombardi said—Individual commitment to a group effort is what makes teamwork, a company work, society work, and a civilization work. On Aug 30, 2020, at 9:43 PM, Hello Todd Hurley, We received the case(s) you filed on August 7, 2020. We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because the dispute was submitted with insufficient information/documentation to support the claim and we were unable to obtain the required information/documentation after requesting it from you. We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s). Transaction information: Dispute Case ID: PP-D-79727575 Transaction Amount: $694.96 USD Dispute Amount: $694.96 USD Transaction ID: 9AG743071M616853Y Transaction Date: August 5, 2020 Thanks, PayPal Help &amp; Contact | Resolution Center | Security Please don't reply to this email. To get in touch with us, click Help &amp; Contact. Copyright © 1999-2020 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at <removed>. PayPal PPC000032:1.51:36fe74cc55247

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Juuulay
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me. I disputed with my bank and they said that the seller provided information to “dispute my claim”. I received a super thin flimsy cell phone case a while back and now connecting the dots and realizing they put tracking information on cell phone case pretending that it was NEST products 😞 how can I get my 250.00 dollars back if my bank has closed case?
Login to Me Too

GovnerNYC
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened to me too, read my post below, please.

Login to Me Too

Jddees2020
Contributor
Contributor
There’s really no way around this. PayPal is helping facilitate fraud. They build them selves as the Safe way to pay but just help the scammers.
Login to Me Too

ToddHurley
Contributor
Contributor
Before having experienced this fraudulent nest.com website I could not prove that; but after the amount of time, constant back and forth for 1 month trying to convince PayPal that I’ve been scammed I agree with this statement. I had to upload and re-upload information after being told by PayPal I never uploaded anything. PayPal customer service it terrible.
Login to Me Too

Jddees2020
Contributor
Contributor

My problem has been resolved. Unfortunately PayPal took way too long to resolve this issue. I also contested it with my credit card company. PayPal doesn’t like you doing that but I don’t like PayPal siding with people who are intent on committing fraud. This case is obvious and why PayPal continues to let them do it and use PayPal is beyond me. I will now only use PayPal for things that do not allow any other payment. It was also surprising that the fake website was found using Google who obviously owns nest. Who knows how many people never receive the product and get stuck paying hundreds of dollars because they are not as diligent to reach a resolution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.