Fake name on paypal

sherbmeister
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I got limited account and now paypal is asking me to provide ID but I used a fake name for my paypal account, not knowing I wasnt supposed to. Is there any way I could still get my account back? even though my real phone number, email and bank account are linked to that account? Or is paypal gonna ignore me and steal my money like I've heard from other people?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sherbmeister

As you opened a legal, financial account with a fake name then you are never going to be able to verify that account and withdraw those funds.

Paypal are not stealing from you, they are quite happy to let the person who's owns the account and is named on the account withdraw those funds but that is not you is it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sherbmeister
Contributor
Contributor

paypal is a fake bank anyway, stop giving them rights and priviledges when other people are getting pushed around by their ridiculous policies. I'll gladly renounce my money with the thought that they'll never have my real data stored in their precious database for them to sell and get money out of. Hope they go out of business soon.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sherbmeister

They are not a bank at all fake or otherwise.

And the only folks that are pushed around by their policies are those silly enough to open accounts in fake names!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sherbmeister
Contributor
Contributor

the monkey one the support call just told me they are a bank and thats why I need to provide my real name. Lol. Get real. Im not silly, I just dont wanna give my personal details to a private company that already profits enough!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sherbmeister

Really?  

1.1 PayPal is only a Payment Service Provider. PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. (R.C.S. Luxembourg B 118 349) is duly licensed as a Luxembourg credit institution in the sense of Article 2 of the law of 5 April 1993 on the financial sector as amended (the “Law”) and is under the prudential supervision of the Luxembourg supervisory authority, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.

If you don't want to give your real name then thats fine, just don't open a Paypal account and expect it to work properly  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JackiesMomErika
Contributor
Contributor

Uhhh...Monkey-BOy, or whatever you're calling the people on the phone (rude) the only reason somebody gives a FAKE name when they are buying and/or selling is so they can do fraudulent activities.  It's shady as F to give a fake name to paypal, ebay, or any other site that exchanges money for items/services.  So I'm kinda glad you lost your money to teach you a lesson to never do that again.  Frankly, if somebody buys from me and I can't verify the name with the address somehow online or at least that the person exists via google, facebook, etc... I CANCEL the SALE!  Cause I know they are going to try to pull some **bleep**. 

Login to Me Too

Kittykat111
Well it would be nice to be able to do my Sex work without people calling my work and relatives and then emailing and calling me 3000 times a day. Maybe if they’d make the names privet I wouldn’t have to make a fake account since they wouldn’t be giving my name out to everyone
Login to Me Too

LittleLily
Contributor
Contributor

I’m in the exact same boat. Doing **bleep** work that I need to be completely, 100% anonymous for so I don’t get tracked or have friends and family find me. I used an alias and then my account got limited and requires ID to verify… I sell my body, how about give me the option for a nickname so senders don’t see my real identity??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LittleLily 

Suggest you read Paypals acceptable use policy before you maybe risk getting a permanent limitation?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

Prohibited Activities

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

(i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.