Fake material refund

Elilan
New Community Member

Dear Members,

I bought a silk saree ( Kanchipuram) advertised as pure silk with some tiny percentage of gold in it from a company called Avishya through online. When I received the item by post I had a good check and realised that it is not a pure silk saree as advertised in their website and fake. It did not have the government certification of India ( they call it GI tag) to prove that is a pure silk saree.(Kanchipuram saris are protected under the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act 1999). I straight away contacted pay pal through resolution centre and they agreed to refund the money if I return the item to the seller through online tracking delivery service. I did that through royal mail and provided the tracking details to pay pal. I even received email from pay pal acknowledging the details and that I will get a refund once the seller confirmed the item is received. Two days later I received another email from paypal saying that my case is closed in the favour of seller. When I called paypal they looked in to the case and agreed to reopen the case again and in my account it shows as waiting for review. I am now confused as why paypal asked me to return the item before complete review. I dont even have the item on me to prove its a fake material. The seller apparently arguing that its a customised order and can not provide any refund. I am bit stuck with this procedure and any help or comment would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.