Fake good site

Chris1222221
Contributor
Contributor
After realising the website had spelling mistakes and the url wasent official then I realised it was fake what’s more is there no contact info and no address or anything but the company is us/uk and the person who was paid was a mall in hongkong must be selling fake good Iv tried to email them and no response I then opened a case and PayPal closed that case with no refund and is allowing them to take a lot of money off me for fake goods how’s this possible I only use PayPal for the safety but that’s not the case as now I can’t even open another case they are just not bothered
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chris1222221 

Which dispute did you open? I hope it was not for unauthorised???

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chris1222221
Contributor
Contributor
I went to help and that was what it said to do it wouldent give any other options to speak to anybody or anything it just kept saying report as unauth
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chris1222221 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.