Fake coins from China Thought seller was in Usa

Troutbob69
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to send this to Paypal but it gets refused saying case closed not in your favor.

How do I get Paypal to look into this  I have been ripped off from fake website?

I opened a case on this about not receiving items Then I received the FAKE items and you closed the case . I want to return the FAKE items and/or I want my money back. The seller does not answer my emails The items were FAKE Morgan $1 Coins I believe that is a federal violation to sell counterfeit money In the USA. Are you going to help me with this problem? or should I report this to the Police.

<removed>

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PneumaPsyche
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day to yo @Troutbob69,

Thank you for using community forum. I'm sorry you've had to deal with this issue.

If you were not able to resolve your dispute, you can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim (usually within 30 days or less).

Since you originally open a dispute as an item not received, you need to change that to significantly not as described.

You can change your reason if you originally filed a dispute because you didn’t receive your item, and then received the item but found it to be different from the description.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Select Open Cases.
  3. Find your case and click View from the Action column.
  4. If you haven't escalated to a claim yet, click Change your reason for this dispute.
  5. If you've already escalated to a claim, click Change your reason for this claim.
  6. Follow the instructions provided.

We will review the claim for you. We reach a decision in most cases within 30 days.

I hope this helps.
We really appreciate your patience.
Keep safe.

*** You may leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you. ***

Login to Me Too

NumismaticDude
New Community Member
Happened to me as well. PayPal resolution center online does not work and keeps telling me that something is wrong after filing a complaint.
Login to Me Too

smzebel
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  I ordered American Silver Eagle coins from China, advertised as the real thing.  I complained to Paypal that they did not send them.  They finally did come in the mail late and Paypal closed the case. Then I realized that these coins are not made out of silver.  They look real but they are very magnetic which silver is not magnetic.  Now Paypal won't respond because the case is closed.  How can get this resolved Paypal?  Paypal claims that they can handle this type of sale.  I don't think I can even resell them at a low price explaining that they are fake.

Login to Me Too

smzebel
Contributor
Contributor

I read somewhere in Paypal policy that I could return them or get a refund after a six month period.  Now it says I had to be done within 30 days.  This December 1st, 2020, the transaction took place in August.

Login to Me Too

jjciv
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue Paypal is supporting fake currency coming into the use

Won't accept buyers claims - terrible

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Troutbob69 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.