Fake Website

Brockrock8
Contributor
Contributor
On the 21st of December I made a purchase of some soccer cleats off a website called www.shoe-xp.com for $99. I had used PayPal guest checkout to complete this transaction. Noticing the next day that I hadn’t received a confirmation email I tried to reload the page but to no avail... I had been scammed! I try to contact paypal through phone but it appears they aren’t accepting calls at the moment. The last option is thru the chat room. Basically after several days in which I get on response per day I was told that there doesn’t appear to be a charge? It shows on my bank statement paypal and when I called the bank said this number was associate[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]... which just so happens to be pay pal? Is Pay Pal lying to me? I never gave any credit information for pay pal to revisit the guest checkout? How would they know that without my card information?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brockrock8 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.