Fake Tracking # scam, hundreds ripped off on Paypal, Paypal still does nothing

F0l2saken
Contributor
Contributor

How can anyone be convinced that Paypal has any level of security after this.    Recently a new scam is going around on the internet where these people setup fake black friday sites and then when someone buys an item they are somehow shipping the items to some drop ship location and then providing the tracking number to paypal.   Paypal has ruled against over 100 people caught in this scam because of this fake tracking number. 

If you go on trust pilot, in the past 24 hours, there are several people complaining about being robbed blind and then paypal sides with the scammer.

This is exactly why scammers are using paypal as their desired method of payment, the absolutely disgraceful antifraud capabilities of paypal.

Go on trust pilot and search for jerseyeasy or just google it, I'd post the link to trust pilot, but the last time I did, or any other reputation score website, paypal deletes the message.   

Well good thing I can file a chargeback, paypal has no chance of winning any case where they willingly and knowingly participate in international fraud. 

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

ArneV
Contributor
Contributor

Try ed the phone solution but these idiots keep saying need to send item back(at own cost) to fake place for full refund .

They won't listen to fact that item was ship from Luxembourg to Belgium and now need return to fake place in china .

They tell me even if they don't accept shipment i get money back ,but again don't listen if you tell them that sending to china costs 65€ for refund of 49€.

Paypal in my opinion is the biggest scam claiming safe online paying but you have no protection from them at all. Even after you proof it's scam to send back they just don't care and play along with scammer

Was just wondering if they end up blocking scammers account are funds on there then paypal's profit??Then can understand they keep them going for so long..

Login to Me Too

morgenstern25
New Community Member
So funny cause I just went online to see how much my item weighed.
Login to Me Too

Kennyandkaismom
Contributor
Contributor
What number did you call, I am not locating one.
Login to Me Too

Slaw2
Contributor
Contributor
No one at PayPal is answering phones. You are stuck with the message chat
Login to Me Too

Momofthree87
My husband was a victim of this scam. Unfortunately he doesn't have a paypal account and made payment without account. Used my debit card. Luckily my banking company is working with me to resolve this matter. For those who couldn't get paypal to resolve it maybe see if u can dispute with your card issuer.
Login to Me Too

BeeDub1515
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me.

Seller found a tracking USPS # for someone else in my area and said that was my tracking #.

Postal Master told me that the package with said # was delivered to the right person (obviously not me) and there was no way the box was big enough to contain what I attempted to purchase.

My Postal Master wanted to know how I got someone else's tracking #.

Paypal denied my claim because it was delivered. Through USPS tracking system, you can plainly see it was not delivered to my address.

Login to Me Too

BigGabe
Contributor
Contributor

Pham thanh hoa did the same thing to me! I filed a complaint with PayPal and they did nothing. They refused to refund my money. I thought that PayPal was supposed to protect the consumer.

I will be closing my PayPal credit account in which they make a lot of money off of me just in interest. Thank You PayPal for nothing!

Login to Me Too

t2dcarla
Contributor
Contributor

This is still a problem.  My claim Case ID: PP-D-51555258 was denied based on a bogus tracking number that they gave to Paypal.  Paypal is refusing to honor the protection because the seller gave them a bogus tracking number with no delivery address information and no recipient that matches my name.  The UPS "Proof of Delivery" does show a shipping weight that is 3 times the weight of what I ordered so I think I may take this angle with Paypal as this was suggested as the "solution" to this problem.  If Paypal does not resolve this I will close my account and advise everyone I know that the paypal protection is worthless and I'll never use PayPal or their Venmo app again (also an early adopter of Venmo).  I'll likely move to Square's Cash app.  Too bad.  I've been a Paypal users since they started.

Login to Me Too

ellecat19
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this same problem but the persons name is Thi thu <removed>. PayPal has closed my case because the tracking says package was delivered. Problem is, it says delivered to “front desk” and I live in a house AND it shows five packages were delivered when I only ordered the one. There is no address showing on the delivery and the person who received it is not me. I am so upset over this!!!

Login to Me Too

Xrstos
Contributor
Contributor
I am now dealing with this. The tracking number provided shows delivery one week before I ordered. Still waiting for PayPal to rule on my request for refund. I always thought PayPal was there to protect us but I am seeing their true colors.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.