Fake Tracking # scam, hundreds ripped off on Paypal, Paypal still does nothing

F0l2saken
Contributor
Contributor

How can anyone be convinced that Paypal has any level of security after this.    Recently a new scam is going around on the internet where these people setup fake black friday sites and then when someone buys an item they are somehow shipping the items to some drop ship location and then providing the tracking number to paypal.   Paypal has ruled against over 100 people caught in this scam because of this fake tracking number. 

If you go on trust pilot, in the past 24 hours, there are several people complaining about being robbed blind and then paypal sides with the scammer.

This is exactly why scammers are using paypal as their desired method of payment, the absolutely disgraceful antifraud capabilities of paypal.

Go on trust pilot and search for jerseyeasy or just google it, I'd post the link to trust pilot, but the last time I did, or any other reputation score website, paypal deletes the message.   

Well good thing I can file a chargeback, paypal has no chance of winning any case where they willingly and knowingly participate in international fraud. 

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

Kkuntz
Same thing just happened to me and PayPal’s guidelines are still the same. They cannot help me. They continue to support these scammers because they make money off the transaction and could care less about the customer.
Login to Me Too

audras3
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a claim on an item I paid $89.90 and Paypal keeps extending this dispute instead of giving my money back.  I don't have a phone number so I have only messaged on line.  The company that NEVER sent my item is shut down due to violations and yet PayPal has not yet settled in my favor.  I am so sad to see PayPal is not backing up all of us who are using them to purchase items.  I've been with PayPal for years but this issue that really looks like Paypal is siding with a scam company is sick!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal is a big scam in itself. Does not help it’s customers. Will no longer be using PayPal.
Login to Me Too

flounder28
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was sent to an entirely different address, too.

What was the contact email that they provided to Paypal or that JerseyEasy provided to you? Mine was <removed> --- can you invent a more obvious scam of an email?? The original email that confirmed my order came from the domain icheap.net. That's all different web domains supposedly serving JerseyEasy.com??

How about, instead of releasing payment to a vendor on receipt of a tracking number, Paypal actually verifies what address it is going to? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

F0l2saken
Contributor
Contributor

I found a solution, at least in my case.   Do not contact them online, contact them on the phone, and when you get to the automated system, get it to go to the dispute department.   Then keep saying operator until it transfers you to someone.   Now explain that you are involved in a tracking number scam, where the person ships a random package to someone in your city and then claims the item is delivered.    When I did this the person understood what was going on, we used the tracking number via UPS to verify the weight of the package was 5 pounds, rather than 49 pounds which is what it should be.   They refunded the money and flagged his account.

Login to Me Too

Omaking
I to got scammed. I purchased a switch game and after running around and talking to many UPS people they thought they would be able to find it. They found where the package went but it was not my package. I think for 3 days they passed me over to someone else and they all thought I didn’t know my name. They call after 5 days and told me they were contacting the seller. I told them good luck because the email address PayPal gave me was no good, I had sent them 8 emails and I got nothing. That is when I got worried. No working email, no receipt except PayPal, no tracking # except from PayPal again. After I had filed a complaint with PayPal, UPS called and said the only way you can get your money back would be if I had charged on a credit card. They were applaud at the way UPS was being used to scammed and asked me to help them by Telling my problem to their top security man in order to try to stop him. All I could do on PayPal was mark a complaint on line that say “did not get package” they did not give me any place to tell what had happened, but they said they would “contact the merchant” knowing he would not respond I was forced to go to my credit card and when I told my story they just said “we will reverse the charge”. I don’t know why paypal is allowing this person to do business. His names are Jersey Easy, Icheep and his name on PayPal Pham Thanh Hoa. If you see any of these names do not buy. The price may look good but not when you get nothing.
Login to Me Too

temp20191224a
Contributor
Contributor
I'll be doing this in the morning as well. I hope I get a competent rep on the phone like you did
Login to Me Too

Chrokeva
Contributor
Contributor
I was just ripped off by this fake tracking number scam for $249. Paypal suded with seller and closed case. I would not be surprised if paypal was not in on the scam and getting kick backs! Has anyone considered taking paypal to small claims court? Thinking it is the next step.
Login to Me Too

ellecat19
Contributor
Contributor
I also had my case closed because PayPal contacted the seller who gave them the tracking number showing it was delivered (of course, since that is the scam) HOWEVER, I contacted UPS who was able to tell me in an email that I was not the recipient of the package. I asked PayPal to reopen the case with this new information and it was eventually resolved in my favor and I got a refund from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Chrokeva
Contributor
Contributor
I have called UPS twice begging for proof to send to PayPal but have been declined both times. I think you must have been lucky in getting a customer rep from ups that decided to help. Believe me plenty f ups reps are not that helpful 😞
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.