Fake Tracking # scam, hundreds ripped off on Paypal, Paypal still does nothing

F0l2saken
Contributor
Contributor

How can anyone be convinced that Paypal has any level of security after this.    Recently a new scam is going around on the internet where these people setup fake black friday sites and then when someone buys an item they are somehow shipping the items to some drop ship location and then providing the tracking number to paypal.   Paypal has ruled against over 100 people caught in this scam because of this fake tracking number. 

If you go on trust pilot, in the past 24 hours, there are several people complaining about being robbed blind and then paypal sides with the scammer.

This is exactly why scammers are using paypal as their desired method of payment, the absolutely disgraceful antifraud capabilities of paypal.

Go on trust pilot and search for jerseyeasy or just google it, I'd post the link to trust pilot, but the last time I did, or any other reputation score website, paypal deletes the message.   

Well good thing I can file a chargeback, paypal has no chance of winning any case where they willingly and knowingly participate in international fraud. 

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

wakataka
New Community Member

I'm in the middle of  the same thing at the moment. I ordered a bicycle from a site called infine.world.com. The seller provided a tracking number for a package weighing 1 pound shipped to someone in my zip code. UPS won't tell me who or where it was shipped to, only that it was delivered. PayPal closed out the dispute on the basis that the package was delivered. I just called and they agreed to re-open the dispute.

The really troubling thing is that I learned this was most likely a scam about an hour after I had ordered the bicycle. The payment was still in 'Pending' status. I called PayPal at that time, alerted them that it was a scam, and asked to cancel the payment. I was told that the payment could only be canceled by the seller.  It's been two and and a half weeks and PayPal is STILL not yet investigating this seller. It's not clear whether they ever will.  They are aiding and abetting interstate fraud in my opinion.  This needs to stop.

Login to Me Too

audras3
Contributor
Contributor

I am so sorry you are going through this and it sounds like many others.  This definitely upsets me that PayPal appears to be protecting scam companies.  I've been trying to get my money back from a company that took $89.99 and never sent the item and on top of that, they were shut down due to violations and yet PayPal keeps extending this dispute.  I cannot believe what's happening considering I've been with PayPal for years.  I also have another dispute with another company from china who sent a shark that was NOT the shark I paid for in fact it was a $0.30 shark I could purchase here and they charged me around $28.  PayPal is still dragging this on.  I'm seeing these complaints and I'm now worried I can't trust PayPal especially when it comes to fraudulent companies it looks like PayPal is supporting.  Sick!!!!!    @PayPal    @disputes @Fraudulent companies

Login to Me Too

DA89
Contributor
Contributor

I just got scammed 77 dollars. I opened a dispute but Paypal kept pushing the deadline to help the scammers scam me of my money with a fake tracking number that said it was delivered when I never received anything. it took almost three months waiting for them to finally denied the case. Paypal is an accomplice.

Login to Me Too

audras3
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, I also got scammed and I got tired of PayPal dragging it out.  I read comments and of course found out many others were scammed.  Someone said they called PayPal and got results.  I also called and the lady checked into it right then and found there are others so she found favor of me and now I'm just waiting for my refund to go through.  

Login to Me Too

DA89
Contributor
Contributor
What number did you call? I tried contacting them via chat with no avail.
Login to Me Too

audras3
Contributor
Contributor

1 [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]  They give you a one time code.  Let me know got this

Login to Me Too

audras3
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>   They don't allow numbers

Login to Me Too

db444
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot!  I got the auto deny as well.  Same tracking number scam.  Seller was on Google shopping even.  I called [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and got someone right away.  The seller had already been flagged.  But of course not blocked!  Been at least a month now.  Tell them it is a tracking number scam and they look right away.  They did credit me back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.