Fake Tracking # scam, hundreds ripped off on Paypal, Paypal still does nothing

F0l2saken
Contributor
Contributor

How can anyone be convinced that Paypal has any level of security after this.    Recently a new scam is going around on the internet where these people setup fake black friday sites and then when someone buys an item they are somehow shipping the items to some drop ship location and then providing the tracking number to paypal.   Paypal has ruled against over 100 people caught in this scam because of this fake tracking number. 

If you go on trust pilot, in the past 24 hours, there are several people complaining about being robbed blind and then paypal sides with the scammer.

This is exactly why scammers are using paypal as their desired method of payment, the absolutely disgraceful antifraud capabilities of paypal.

Go on trust pilot and search for jerseyeasy or just google it, I'd post the link to trust pilot, but the last time I did, or any other reputation score website, paypal deletes the message.   

Well good thing I can file a chargeback, paypal has no chance of winning any case where they willingly and knowingly participate in international fraud. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

F0l2saken
Contributor
Contributor

I found a solution, at least in my case.   Do not contact them online, contact them on the phone, and when you get to the automated system, get it to go to the dispute department.   Then keep saying operator until it transfers you to someone.   Now explain that you are involved in a tracking number scam, where the person ships a random package to someone in your city and then claims the item is delivered.    When I did this the person understood what was going on, we used the tracking number via UPS to verify the weight of the package was 5 pounds, rather than 49 pounds which is what it should be.   They refunded the money and flagged his account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

Jodispaint
Contributor
Contributor
Time for a class action law suit against PayPal since they knowingly are helping these scammers get away with our money.
Login to Me Too

F0l2saken
Contributor
Contributor

I just read the forums here and there are several complaints about the same thing.

Paypal should be shut down for international fraud. 

Login to Me Too

Kennyandkaismom
Contributor
Contributor
I have replied to PayPal about this many times and it seems they aren't even reading my message but instead just sending me am automated message about doing some nonsense with the USPS. Like payal and these companies are in kahootz!
Login to Me Too

BeccaDair
Contributor
Contributor
Happened to me and I am so mad & feel so dumb for thinking using PayPal would protect me. HORRIBLE customer service. I think I am done using PayPal. They’ve lost my trust completely.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jenny

Hi @F0l2saken,

Thanks for your post and feedback. I am sorry to hear we weren't able to cover your claim. Don’t worry; appropriate action is taken by PayPal to address issues with a seller based on the complaints we receive. Even if the claim didn't close in your favour, you could still report the seller; it will be requested to the relevant team to open an investigation.  

You can reach out to our support team over on Facebook or Twitter.

Hope this helps,

Jenny

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

tatyana123
Contributor
Contributor

$309 was stolen from me because the seller used a tracking number that belonged to another person's order. I contacted UPS and they told me the tracking number for the item is only 7 pounds (mine is suppose to be 20)(Also it said it was a healthcare item when I ordered a coffee machine...), and the item was shipped to another zip code and another person signed it. The seller gave that tracking number to PayPal and because it says "delivered",PayPal believes it was delivered to me. Paypal claimed that if UPS would give me a document that the tracking number does not belong to my item, it would be proof. UPS says they can't give that kind of info out because the tracking number does not belong to me (which is the point I'm trying to prove). UPS says all they can do is confirm that it doesn't belong to me is PayPal calls UPS. PayPals claims that is against their guidelines. Is it really that easy to scam people this way? I'm upset that PayPal, that is suppose to be "secure", told me, "I'm sorry there is nothing I can help you with" when the tracking number is obviously not mine. 

Login to Me Too

BuyLark
Contributor
Contributor

Not only did you find PayPal unresponsive in any helpful way, they straight up KNEW that this scam site was operating for months before you made your "purchase" and had countless customers like us reporting exactly how the UPS number theft discrepancies figured into the whole mess! I was told 2 months before your experience that PayPal was putting the jerseyeasy.com account under review, for all the good that apparently did. I kept watch, and it took several months before the site was shut down because PayPal kept facilitating their thefts. I reported the scam to the FBI and used other channels that are supposed to be there for reporting scams, and I suspect they had more to do with finally taking the site down than PayPal, although I'd also bet that they've just opened a new site and are doing the same thing. As for the "healthcare item" part, they are apparently in league with some kind of healthcare marketing crooks, selling things like ridiculously priced vitamins and some kind of "insurance." All of the identifying info you gave jerseyeasy.com was handed over to that other "business," so watch that, too.

Login to Me Too

Travelmonkey

Time to stop using paypal then. That is unacceptable. I am in the same boat. 

Login to Me Too

Kennyandkaismom
Contributor
Contributor
I had to get a piece of paper showing that the tracking number given to PayPal wasn't even delivered to my home. I was promptly refunded however, i have an open case now from a company who does a lot of false advertising. Advertised name brand items and sends something that looks like it comes from wish! Good luck! It took me over 3 months of back and forth to finally get my money back on the first case!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.