Fake Tracking numbers

SunShinex5
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, I'm blown away by all the comments on this community page. I've never had any issues with PayPal until recently, and everyone is right, you cannot talk to a live person, this is stupid. I had to file a claim which is still under review, and now I have another issue with the same problem, FAKE tracking numbers!! I have not filed a claim on the 2nd one yet because I was able to provide PayPal with a fake (stolen) phone number & the fact that the tracking # shows delivered 2 days before I placed an order, thinking they would investigate without me giving the seller heads up in the resolution center that we were onto them. But after reading everyone's stories & comments I'm starting to feel they (PAYPAL) will not help me or resolve these issues. This is ridiculous, where's the protection buying that paypal claims you have with them? If scammers can send fake tracking #'s showing your package was delivered & paypal goes with that and closes your case then what hope is there for our protection? 

Login to Me Too
72 REPLIES 72

Housekeeper63
Contributor
Contributor

I also had two claims that was denied - one for $89 and one for $97. The second one did not even have a tracking number issued, but PP says they emailed the "vendor" and immediately closed the claim without even having a tracking number. I am done using PP, but I would like to have my money back I have lost. 

Login to Me Too

Housekeeper63
Contributor
Contributor

@redbrd2 There is not much more I can do on my end. I'm at the mercy of PP or my Credit card company. I live in a rural area, no cameras, the USPS said the package was not delivered to my address, and it was most like fraud (scam), but they only said that in an email, they won't take the time to put it on a letterhead, etc, that is required. I ordered a pellet smoker, and according to the fake tracking number, it was delivered in my mailbox from a very small town 30 minutes from house. I am not aware of any Pitboss warehouse that is 30 minutes from my house, let alone one that would be delivered to a mailbox via USPS. The whole scenario reeks of fraud, but PP is not about to listen to any of it. I called Pitboss home office, and they are aware of the scam website but they are not able to get it shut down either, and they field calls daily from others that have been scammed on the same website. Pitboss is as frustrated as I am, and all they could do was apologize and sympathize. But I'm aware that we have bigger problems to worry about in the US (like who is changing the diapers on our president, or where is the VP since she is not at the border) rather than worry about our upstanding citizens who are being robbed by thieves and letting the thieves hide behind companies such as PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

redbrd2
Contributor
Contributor

@Housekeeper63 

Thank you for the information.  I think you may be able to have resolution within 30 minutes of seeing this post.  Here's a feasible and acceptable solution:

1.  If you have an email from USPS stating suspected fraud and the package was clearly NOT delivered to you, get a camera, preferrably on your cell phone and take the best quality/readable picture of the email as possible.  Access your email from your cellphone and send an email to your own email address with the picture as an attachment. 

2.  Sign into your pp (they no longer will be addressed with "capital" letters by me!!!)  account.  On the top menu, click on "help", the option at the top of the webpage, between the word "Deals" and the "bell icon". 

3.  A partial "help" window will display on the right side of your screen.

4.  About 2/3 down the page, you should see, in larger black letters, "Disputes & Limitations".  Click on that...

5.  Next, click the "Disputes & Claims" drop down menu

6.  At the very bottom of that, you should be able to see, in small blue letters, "Resolution Center" with an arrow aiming through the top right corner of a rectangle.  Click on that...

7.  A new window will open displaying "Resolution Center"

8.  Nearest the bottom of the page, you should see four options like this:

9.  Click on "CONTACT US"

10.  Scroll down until you see:  Other ways to contact us

11.  Click on the words:  "Message Us"

12.  A small window, titled:  "PayPal Assistant" will pop up on the right - THIS IS WHERE THINGS START GETTING IMPORTANT - PLEASE, DO NOT, I SAY AGAIN, DO NOT EITHER CLOSE THIS WINDOW VIA THE "X" AT THE TOP RIGHT CORNER, OR, CLICK THE "END SESSION" WHICH MAY, OR WILL BE LOCATED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS WINDOW.  THIS BECOMES YOUR PROOF OF ALL COMMUNICATIONS.  ONLY CLOSE THIS AFTER ALL OF THESE CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE OCCURRED:

1.  DURING CHAT INITIATION, THE CSR STATES YOU HAVE PROVIDED NECESSARY PROOF AND DISPUTE CLOSED IN YOUR FAVOR AND,

2.  WHEN YOU NAVIGATE TO YOUR DISPUTES ACTIVITY PAGE, IT SHOWS, IN GREEN LETTERS, A REFUND IN THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE DISPUTE AND,

3.  WHEN YOU CHECK YOUR EMAIL, YOU RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM pp STATING THE CASE HAS BEEN RESOLVED IN YOUR FAVOR AND,

4.  YOU RETURN TO YOUR pp ACCOUNT WITH THE OPEN CHAT WINDOW AND COPY (LEFT CLICK AND HOLD ON YOUR MOUSE) STARTING AT EITHER THE TOP LEFT OF THE BEGINNING OF THE CONVERSATION (YOU MAY HAVE TO SCROLL TO THE TOP), OR, STARTING AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE CHAT (YOU MAY HAVE TO SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM).  CONSTANTLY HOLDING DOWN THE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON, SCROLL IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF YOUR STARTING LOCATION UNTIL ALL OF THE TEXT IS HIGHLIGHTED.  THEN, RIGHT CLICK YOUR MOUSE ANYWHERE ON THE HIGHLIGHTED TEXT AND SELECT "COPY", OR, PRESS THE Ctrl KEY ON YOUR KEYBOARD (SHOULD BE LOCATED NEAR THE LOWER LEFT OR LOWER RIGHT OF THE KEYBOARD) - WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE Ctrl KEY, PRESS THE LETTER "C" KEY.  RELEASE BOTH KEYS.  NEXT, OPEN A NEW TEXT DOCUMENT AND/OR START A NEW EMAIL WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS FIELD.  IN THE BODY OF THE DOCUMENT, AND/OR, THE BODY OF THE EMAIL, RIGHT CLICK YOUR MOUSE AND CHOOSE "PASTE", OR, AGAIN, PRESS THE Ctrl BUTTON AND, WHILE HOLDING IT DOWN, PRESS THE "V" KEY.  YOU SHOULD SEE THE ENTIRE CHAT SESSION PASTED INTO YOUR DOCUMENT/EMAIL OR BOTH.  ONCE YOU  HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THAT, SEND THE EMAIL AND VERIFY YOU RECEIVED IT, AND/OR, SAVE THE DOCUMENT TO YOUR COMPUTER.  VERIFY ALL OF THE INFORMATION IS STORED AND ACCESSIBLE.  IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS ALONG THE WAY, BEGIN THE PROCEDURE FROM WHERE THE ISSUE BEGAN.  IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED FURTHER CLARIFICATION/INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE REACH OUT TO ME!!!

13.  Before you can proceed with the bolded steps above, you will need to navigate through the automated idiot on the chat window, continuously, if necessary, requesting assistance from a human/representative. 

14.  Once you have a representative, locate the picture of the USPS email.

15.  When you know the path/location of the picture, and have established a connection with someone, to the immediate left of the window you type text, a round paperclip icon should appear.

16.  Click the paperclip to upload files.

17.  A new "File Upload" window should open.

18.  Navigate to the location of your picture

19.  Either double-click on the picture, or, single-click on it then select "open" near the bottom of that window

20.  You should then see an abbreviated name of the picture file populate (may take some time) into the chat window.

21.  If pp determines it is sufficient proof, they will close the dispute in your favor wright then and there, while you wait

22.  Upon approval, follow the steps above in the bolded paragraph

23.  Should pp determine it is not sufficient proof, wait until you receive all of the information you need and get all of your questions answered.

24.  Follow the steps above in the bolded paragraph - IMPORTANT - STILL, DO NOT CLOSE THE CHAT SESSION, THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN/WILL SEND ADDITIONAL FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS, REQUEST ASSISTANCE, LOAD ANY ADDITIONAL PROOF, ETC.

25.  Continue with your pursuit for justice by obtaining the pp requested proof (please let me know if you have issues you would like addressed)

26.  Follow the above steps again until you get your name cleared and dispute closed in your favor

I think I have accurately provided the necessary steps in detail.  Please let me know if you do not have the capabilities provided above accessible to you and I will attempt to develop a more specific procedure that will work.  I'm crossing my fingers for you and wishing you the best of luck.  Along the way, do not hesitate to take a screenshot of anything visible on your screen which you deem may benefit you in the future.  Follow the steps above in bold to save/email the screenshot, or, for that matter, any other documentation/proof.

Don't give up the fight.  I'm dedicated to help you resolve this.

Wishing you the best of luck possible.  Hang in there, don't back down, be persistent and dedicated, be the squeaky wheel, poke the bear, continue, continue, continue!!!

Live Life, Make Memories, Pursue Justice and Rock On!!!

Login to Me Too

Housekeeper63
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for this information. However, when I tried it, all I get is the automated response, which tell me "All our agents are currently offline. Please try again during business hours." It is 1:15pm EST here in Indiana, not sure what time zone they work in, but it should be during business hours anywhere in the United States! I have a feeling they have taken down any ability to do "chat" with a live person, just for this reason! When I asked what the business hours are, the "automated idiot" did not know, or would not tell me what they were. 

Login to Me Too

redbrd2
Contributor
Contributor

@Housekeeper63 

Strange...When I initiated my dispute process, it was approximately 4:35 AM.  The auto bot, even after significantly multiple attempts, replied with the same response:  "I'm sorry, our agents aren't available right now, but will be available at 7AM on July 24, 2021" (I have proof showing otherwise...)

However, I am confident, if you are submitting valid information (I am obligated to reiterate:  "DO NOT CLOSE ANY CHAT WINDOW YOU INITIATE OR OPEN"), requiring any type of personalized response, it should sit in the queue until an agent becomes available to address it.  Yes, honestly, this occurred every time in my experience, and, in a relatively short period of time.

When you are able, please continue your pursuit.  To save some time and headaches, please, type you initial contact phrase, as long and detailed as you like, into a text document (or email).  Then, when you get a few seconds, copy your entire initial information, and use the Ctrl and V keys in the reply/post box of the chat window to repeatedly and accurately send the repetitive information.  If you do not receive a response, please, let me know.  I will try to develop yet another plan of attack.

Although neither recommended, nor my first choice, you may want to investigate and pursue the ability to contact an agent, in a more expedient means, through either/both Face Book Messenger or Twitter.  It is also imperative here to continually copy the conversation and paste it to  your preferred means of retention.  While I was knowingly using the chat feature after hours, I continually pasted very lengthy proof, issues and concerns into the window, with the intention of malicious overload!!!
I would encourage you to start your intelligence collection via screenshots (which I would encourage you to post her) and saving them to your proof folder.  It continually validates your undeniable willingness to seek righteousness.  I remain fully confident your dispute is completely able to be resolved.

Drive on...

Live Life, Make Memories, Seek Justice, and Rock On!!!

Login to Me Too

redbrd2
Contributor
Contributor

Good evening Sunshine,

I wanted to pass on to you that my dispute was resolved, in my favor, after 24 hours (non-continuous) of leg-work, research, reviewing security video, taking multiple screenshots, sending many emails, and keeping my pp assistant chat window open the entire time.

Full details of my dispute are still being reviewed, but, promise to tag you when it does get posted.  The one and only thing that finally resolved the dispute was exactly what they were asking for - the disposition of the package associated with the tracking number, fake or not.  I provided the requested information to UPS, and, voila, within 12 hours, I had proof the package was sent to my hometown, however, the name was in no way associated with me.  Within 10 minutes of attaching the screenshot of UPS investigation/information, I did have an email confirming the dispute was closed in my favor.  Yes, I do find it ridiculous and consuming, however, should you reach out to the shipping company, they should be able, and willing, to provide you the proof you need to get resolve.  Hopefully UPS was the carrier used by your half-witted idiot...Best of luck and let me know if I may be of assistance...ROCK ON!!!

Login to Me Too

Chromavisual
Contributor
Contributor
How did you get proof from UPS. FedEx wont provide me anything for the fake tracking number but confirm it over the phone.
Login to Me Too

AngelaBardon

Good luck reaching anyone by phone at paypal.

Login to Me Too

kmbayarea
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a detailed report about my incident which involved the fake USPS tracking indicating the product was "delivered" a day before I paid to seller through PayPal. The seller is using the fake website with pictures and description from the product manufacture's official website. PayPal better get its acts to gather to fix this problem or it's going be dealing with expensive class action lawsuits as it's clear many people are being ripped off by the fake sellers and PayPal is facilitating both consumer fraud and the US Mail Fraud!  Fortunately, I was able to get an immediate charge back credit from the credit card issuer which is probably aware aware of  questionable PayPal practices and dealing with many fraudulent transactions reporting.   I am filing a complaint with the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau to investigate this abuse by PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

Loey-May
Contributor
Contributor
Two unusual things happened to me last week. I live in house no 8 & a parcel delivery man rang the bell. I opened the door as he was putting the parcel down & he called me by the wrong name. I pointed to a neighbour's house & said oh it is for no 5, yet he was about to leave it at my door. A few days later l was about to open a package left at my door when l glanced at the name & address. Yes it was for no 8 but no 8 in a street about a mile away with a street name nothing like mine & the person's name quite different. So all that matched was no 8. I delivered it myself rather than trust it to the post again, but plenty of people wouldn't have. So it shows how easily parcels can be delivered to the wrong house.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.