Fake PayPal company.

JE78
Contributor
Contributor

I called <removed> because I was having issues with a PayPal transaction from yesterday. Following trying for sometime to try different payment methods. I went online to find the above number listed as PayPal. The phone never rang and a Indian gentleman with a very strong accent answers “Hello your through to PayPal”. We spoke for some time 1hr, the phone line was very bad & cut off on 2 occasions. The first time I called back and explained I explained what happened previously, could I please speak to the manager I was then informed he was on lunch ??? This gentleman needed my details & card number to confirm it was me to pass security, so I provided it once again. He select a card on my account stating the last 4 digits & ask me to confirm the full card number, in order to proceed & resolve my problem... Once we had gone through nearly ALL my 6 cards on my account. Texts were sent to my phone from a random number stating it was my bank. They needed the 6 digits from that text, which I provided. The line would go silent for around 3 mins each time. He asked if I wanted to up my paypal credit limit while I was on the line, as he was the manager he could authorise this to £1000. After all that was completed he said I’m so sorry but we have been unable to resolve the issue, please call back tomorrow. As a good Will I have raised your credit limit, please allow 1hr for it to be active. I was so angry!!! Within 10 mins of the call ending I had fraud prevention teams call me to inform me that £5000,£500,£400, etc had been attempted to be taken from my account and wanted to get a report from me. They were all the accounts I gave my long card number expiry dates & the back 3 security numbers provided to this SO CALLED PAYPAL COMPANY. I’ve had to cancel my cards change my passwords etc now pray none of the payments have gone through as I will be liable. I’m very skeptical about using PayPal, I’ve had no help because I can’t find their number & not sure which is the original. With Covid, scammers are really taking added advantage of this situation. I’m now borrowing money from my sister for the next 7-10 days till my cards arrive. Does anyone have the correct PayPal number??

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.