Fake Company BEWARE Zarake Co.,Ltd.

Beatdebop
Contributor
Contributor

This is a fake company stealing through PayPal by faking sales on social media for products and then once they have access to charging they present multiple fake account for multiple fake sales and PayPal does nothing to stop them they have taken hundreds out of my account. I sent screenshots and done everything I can to stop them from being able to charge even cancelling my card and removing it from my PayPal but here they come again because PayPal is not doing a good job of stopping fraudulent charges immediately so they know they can run off with your money!!! Zarake Co.,Ltd. Is a fake scammer company

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

Noisiv
Contributor
Contributor
I'm more disappointed in myself for placing so much trust in PayPal's ability to screen these fraudulent companies. After receiving so many complaints against this same company, I would think they would be able to protect their own customer base against fraud. Going forward I will only shop directly with established companies.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CB
New Community Member

I ordered "I think" a pair of good looking AirBuds BUT now I regret ordering through a non legitimate looking account I usually count on PayPal to protect me if there is fraud companies out there... So hopefully because I emailed them through the help email provided by PayPal they will send me the product or refund me.

Login to Me Too

grandmadee7
Contributor
Contributor

On May 5, 2020 28.72 was removed from my account, without authorization. Although it says PayPal Zarake on my bank account, I am having problems finding anything on PayPal or Zarake. Does anyone know how I can get this matter resolved? I want this Zarake company checked out, and I want my refund. 

Login to Me Too

SirKones
New Community Member

Now the company is going by a different name. I went to check on the status of my dispute and I see that it's a completely different company name now. 

Strangely, I absolutely cannot locate the one email they sent me when I initially ordered. It's like it vanished into thin are. 

Login to Me Too

kansan
Contributor
Contributor

This company started out on the 'charge' Paypal SAMSUNS CO LTD to my card, then on the activity (Paypal) a foreign name was listed, Then somehow it 'changed' to ZARAKE CO LTD... now it's HIPPOCAMPUS CO LTD.   I filed a complaint with the FTC, and will escalate this to Paypal for refund.  THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT RIGHT!!!!!

Login to Me Too

c0muN2019-ide

I can relate to all these posts on this company, Zarake Co. aka Hippocampus, advertised on Facebook (FB).  I don't know who should be held accountable for my refund.  After reading these post it appears I have also been scammed. I don't think I will order anything else on FB. If the consumer is not be protected by FB or PayPal then this will probably happen over and over again.  If anyone gets there monies back please let me know. 

Right now I will chalk this up to lesson's learned.  However, I do plan to flag this company out to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CC
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot find any of the confirmation emails IF I ever got them in the first place. Does anyone know what the company was calling itself on social media? I believe I ordered linen pants and linen shorts. Any ideas???

Login to Me Too

Dryhumorgirl
Contributor
Contributor
This fake company is based in Shen Zhen China....the ads appear on Facebook in your newsfeed. They are all the same ads, the same video, all with different names of the company. Here are just a few of the ones that show up on my feed. Very convincing and I fell for it. They spend all their money on the advertisement but not the actual product. I did receive my shorts but it was a joke. Horrible quality, seams not completed, the sizing was way off...strang black powder like ink toner in the bag.... And all of the tags and labels were in Chinese. I bought from a company called lonelylife.net( boasts from USA American owned..that was a lie)...but here are some of the others....lulafast.com...outdigkza.com....shoppeevents.com.....wildcountrygear.com (this one boasts ships from Utah...dont believe it)...nodigogo.com.....asstons.com...clayben.com....tennither.com....beveily.com....shoptrein.com....sweettygirl.com.....and there are surely hundred if not thousands more....I hope you get your money back.
Login to Me Too

zuska
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. Zarake, Samsun, FirstRate co, or some random Chinese signs name. I have 2 email addresses for these scammers but paypal wont let me post them. 

64 USD for laptop stand that did not arrive in 7 weeks. No confirmation e-mail. No receipt. The tracking number provided by their "customer service" never works. Just horrible, and paypal is being completely useless even though they must know by now this is a scam. 

Login to Me Too

elizabethfb
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a hair dryer/styling brush.  Never received.  I am so angry at myself.  I can't believe there are companies that scam and don't get caught. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.